+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is detailed work experience letter required from previous employers (more than 10 years back)?

SamJos

Nov 1, 2019
Good Evening Friends,

I've received an ITA under CEC and am preparing on submitting the applications.
I've 15+ years of work experience, and out of which 3 years are in Canada and rest in foreign countries.
In the EE profile I have shown all of my work experience i.e dating back till 2004 as it relates to same NOC.

I've query pertaining to work experience letter from previous employments. I could produce detailed experience letter i.e. with job duties, from 2008 till date (2020). Do I need to work on provisioning detailed letters from my previous employers, older than 2008? I really appreciate any inputs on this matter. Thank you.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You shouldn't have listed everything in your profile. The system will ask you for supporting documents for everything you mentioned in work history

What you can do now, is to start moving old work experiences out of work history and into personal history section of the application form. Keep an eye on your CRS score, it might drop. You don't want it to fall below the cut off line.

If you want, mention in your LOE that your old work experiences don't count towards to your CRS and you can't produce documents therefore they are removed from work history.

Reactions: SamJos

SamJos

Nov 1, 2019
You shouldn't have listed everything in your profile. The system will ask you for supporting documents for everything you mentioned in work history

What you can do now, is to start moving old work experiences out of work history and into personal history section of the application form. Keep an eye on your CRS score, it might drop. You don't want it to fall below the cut off line.

If you want, mention in your LOE that your old work experiences don't count towards to your CRS and you can't produce documents therefore they are removed from work history.
Thank you @ContactFront .