+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is covid19 going to affect our application

CanadianCitizen314

Mar 12, 2018
were getting ready to submit our application for spousal sponsorship soon we were married in october but worried with Covid-19 it might affect their decision should we wait is it bad timing right now ?

Reactions: leel

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
were getting ready to submit our application for spousal sponsorship soon we were married in october but worried with Covid-19 it might affect their decision should we wait is it bad timing right now ?
It won't affect the decision but it will likely delay the app.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As above there will obviously be delays and some parts of the process you will not currently be able to complete but other than that if you are ready to submit then do so,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus.html

sukhoi2050

Mar 7, 2020
I sent my paper application on March 2, they received it om 6 March. This was before everything shut down due to Covid-19. Still no response from IRCC or any email. Probably because there is very few people working in the building.

They will accept your application but expect delays. This virus is messing with everyone's lives.

Reactions: rrss13

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I sent my paper application on March 2, they received it om 6 March. This was before everything shut down due to Covid-19. Still no response from IRCC or any email. Probably because there is very few people working in the building.

They will accept your application but expect delays. This virus is messing with everyone's lives.
it would have always taken 6-8 weeks for AOR. It will likely take longer.