+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Court Marriage still valid ?

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello People,

I got engaged with a girl from India about a month ago and are getting married on 21st November, we had met through Jeevansathi. I'm currently working in Toronto and i'm looking at ways of bringing her here faster, so this is what all i thought about:

1. Visitor Visa: She can apply but as she has not previous travel history, she will be rejected, besides even if she comes over here she won't be able to work till her PR is processed.
2. Study Visa: This option is possible but its a costly one and she said she isn't interested in pursuing further studies
3. Spousal PR after Marriage on 21st Nov and then wait for months
4. Do Court Marriage on 22nd September (2 months before actual marriage) and apply for her Spousal PR right away, so that we get a 2 month headstart.

Now i'm leaning towards point 4 as it saves us 2 precious months, now my query was i have heard NDVO thinks all Indian Marriages should be Big Fat and they won't even entertain Court Marriages, is this true ?

In our case we are actually having a big fat wedding but that will be 2 months later, Marriage Hall is already booked, all Gold shopping is done, all Garment shopping is done, Honeymoon trip is fully paid for and flight tickets are booked. Its just that we are doing Court Marriage as it will save her time of the processing.

What i thought was after i apply for Spouse PR, for 1st 2-3 months the file will be processed in Mississauga and they will screen me and then after 2-3 months it will be transferred to NDVO, by then our real marriage & honeymoon will be done, so we have all proofs required, so can we send them these pics through CSE ?

Right now we have photos of when we decided to get engaged, then actual engagement photos then photos of we meeting in various places and chat logs & call logs of months, also when we get Court Married we will have even more photos, so shouldn't these proofs suffice ?

Reactions: ethanscott

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
You should go to the NDVO thread usually somewhere at the top. Everybody who went thru what your about to go thru is on there. Why would you risk being rejected for a mere two months. I wouldn't.