+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is court marriage enough for spouse visa for canada while studying?

Vinnybagga

Feb 22, 2021
Hii... i really need an advice if anyone knows something abou this , pls let me knw...
I was in relationship from last 4 years and before coming to canada on a student visa, i got legally married ... my marriage is registered in court and we do have certificates as well... we are photos also before after marriage... i went to india also after 1 year..we are having all photographs , but the things is we have not done the traditional wedding as done in india ...so is this possible that we can apply for spouse visa on the basis of court marriage only... but yes we can show some photos, proofs that yes we r in relationship ...
Pls let me knw m here from approx 2 yrs.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I don't think traditional weddings are that important. If you have a genuine marriage certificate from the court, that should be enough.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Like usually consultants says that there’s a risk
As long as your marriage is genuine, it doesn't matter whether you had a traditional wedding. I am not from India, but when we applied we did not have a traditional ceremony (like with the white dress and so on). Also, if you guys were going somewhere abroad, that could help with proving whether a marriage is real. But once again, each country has its own different rules.

Vinnybagga

Feb 22, 2021
As long as your marriage is genuine, it doesn't matter whether you had a traditional wedding. I am not from India, but when we applied we did not have a traditional ceremony (like with the white dress and so on). Also, if you guys were going somewhere abroad, that could help with proving whether a marriage is real. But once again, each country has its own different rules.
Ohkk... where are u from ... and did u got approval... pls let me knw

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Ohkk... where are u from ... and did u got approval... pls let me knw
I am from Ukraine, we got approved. My partner had F2 visa for the US (while I am on F1). If you guys went somewhere abroad together that could prove the marriage, or if your spouse has a dependant visa while you are principal holder.

Vinnybagga

Feb 22, 2021
I am from Ukraine, we got approved. My partner had F2 visa for the US (while I am on F1). If you guys went somewhere abroad together that could prove the marriage, or if your spouse has a dependant visa while you are principal holder.
No , we didn’t went somewhere in abroad but yes we visited many places in India together...

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Thank you for clarifying to Vinnybagga. That what I thought. As long as it is genuine, a traditional wedding is not necessary.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Okk...thank u ...
And what kind of things we can show to prove them that this is genuine relationship
Everything that can prove your marriage is genuine. Pictures, travel history, "not sure about messages, not the TMI ones" everything you can think of.

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Typically a court marriage certificate is enough, however India is considered to have fraudulent marriages to immigrate to Canada, this is why if you are not doing a traditional marriage then it is advisable to show all your previous chats, pictures, relationship proofs for being in relationship with your partner. But if it's an arrange marriage with no past relationship then just a marriage certificate might land you in trouble. Is it an old relationship or arrange marriage.