+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS CIC SERIOUS ABOUT MEETING IMMIGRATION TARGETS FOR 2015???!!!...

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
They are doing there work.

But giving that much cap for 2015, might be a political stunt !

Let's hope for good, for everyone!

ideas

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
27th April 2016 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
1st November 2016 (RPRF and updated schedule A)
Nomination.....
15th April 2016(MPNP inland applicant)
AOR Received.
credit card charged on May 25th. AOR : 23rd June 2016
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
Upfront 16th January 2017
Med's Done....
Passed 25th January 2017
Passport Req..
September 01, 2017. Background changed to in progress on August 25th 2017
VISA ISSUED...
September 22, 2017
LANDED..........
September 27, 2017
azam_qr said:
UNTIL NOW (11th draw) ONLY 12,928 ITAS ARE ISSUED, WHICH ARE REALLY LOW COMPARED TO THE TARGETS SET BY CIC AND WE ARE HALFWAY THROUGH 2015 INTO JULY. I REALLY WONDER HOW ARE THEY THINKING? WILL THEY MEET THE TARGETS SET FOR THEMSELVES???
IF THEY DON'T PLAN TO MEET THEM THEN THE WHOLE SYSTEM DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
Like I indicated in an earlier post, CIC has almost met its FSW immigration targets for 2015. There was a backlog of over 46,000 FSW applicants as at January 2015. Assuming that all those applications were approved, then CIC has already got suffficient numbers for FSW 2015.
Also taking into consideration that CIC takes about six months to process permanent resident application under EE, all ITA's given from this point will likely contribute to 2016 immigration targets.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
kateg said:
You seem to be under the impression that more immigration is "improved" immigration. They are two very different concepts.
I dont know what u mean by that. I was talking about how express entry was pushed down our throats.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#2
"The Government of Canada is reforming its economic immigration system to ensure that Canada’s economic and labour market needs are met.
Express Entry is a key part of this. Its goal is to make the system faster and more flexible. It will improve how Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) accepts and processes applications, which will mean:

faster and more efficient processing; and
a better ability to respond to Canada’s labour market.
"

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
I dont know what u mean by that. I was talking about how express entry was pushed down our throats.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#2
"The Government of Canada is reforming its economic immigration system to ensure that Canada's economic and labour market needs are met.
Express Entry is a key part of this. Its goal is to make the system faster and more flexible. It will improve how Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) accepts and processes applications, which will mean:

faster and more efficient processing; and
a better ability to respond to Canada's labour market.
"
That means nothing. The CIC can twist and turn words and say whatever it has to and it still doesn't have to answer to questions such as the original question asked.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
praneet87 said:
That means nothing. The CIC can twist and turn words and say whatever it has to and it still doesn't have to answer to questions such as the original question asked.
I was replying to someones comment on my original comment please see the quote . Yes I agree CIC is twisting words and pushing bad system down our throats . this express entry system was not meant to fulfill immigration targets but to get canadian votes. read my original comment.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mead said:
They said it would make things better. It did.

"The Government of Canada is reforming its economic immigration system to ensure that Canada's economic and labour market needs are met.
Yes. LMOs were easy to get, and there were too many. Now they are much harder and take more time. This improves Canadian immigration.

Express Entry is a key part of this. Its goal is to make the system faster and more flexible.
So, it made things faster (good), and they can better adapt to Canadian needs (also good). Now, instead of just giving P/R to everyone with 67 points who applies, they limit it to only those who won't take jobs from Canadians, and those who are extremely qualified.

This improves Canadian immigration.

Better immigration is very different from more immigration. They want better immigrants, and they want them to come quickly. No more 8 year waits for P/R.

All of this is a good thing.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mead said:
this express entry system was not meant to fulfill immigration targets but to get canadian votes. read my original comment.
It was designed to hit it's targets. They way they are operating it (with the scores and number of applicants changing) indicates it likely is.

There are many more immigrants than just the EE people this year. There are people who have been waiting a long time. The targets reflect that, and they are clearing out the large backlog of people who applied in the past several years and are still waiting.

Express Entry is a good system, and it's working like it's supposed to.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
kateg said:
They said it would make things better. It did.
How did it make things better? I see problems and issues with immigration now. effects of which will be felt in coming years.
Yes. LMOs were easy to get, and there were too many. Now they are much harder and take more time. This improves Canadian immigration.
yes i agree with this. LMO are more difficult now and skill is more important now. But again it has nothing to do with immigration it is in part improvement in TFW program which was definitely needed

So, it made things faster (good), and they can better adapt to Canadian needs (also good). Now, instead of just giving P/R to everyone with 67 points who applies, they limit it to only those who won't take jobs from Canadians, and those who are extremely qualified.
I agree with this too FSW program has improved but at an expense of LMIA exempt workers. LMIA exempt work permit holder fill a lot of non skilled jobs which r required if these people are forced to leave due to not getting ITA it will create more problems than improvements.

Better immigration is very different from more immigration. They want better immigrants, and they want them to come quickly. No more 8 year waits for P/R.

All of this is a good thing.
yes i agree 8 years was a long time and FSW needed to be improved but they should keep FSW separate from CEC or LIMA exempt work permit holder immigration. they r addressing one problem and creating another. I will give u an example The job I took and qualify for was being done by someone who was a citizen here and was not skilled or trained to do the job. They had my position open 8 months. the guy who was handling what i do was making so many mistakes and I am still fixing them now. Company is not ready or rather is scared of the LMIA process so even though they needed someone they were using some one from US to fill the position temp(long distance thing) and the citizen guy. My company has already closed 2 felicities and moved to US because of various issues. Now think about it if i have to leave as I wouldnt get ITA company will lose again and at some point close the office where I work if issues persist. a few years ago i would have applied under CEC waited for whatever time and got PR. company happy me happy other citizens working in the company happy..but now its all unpredictable.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
kateg said:
It was designed to hit it's targets. They way they are operating it (with the scores and number of applicants changing) indicates it likely is.

There are many more immigrants than just the EE people this year. There are people who have been waiting a long time. The targets reflect that, and they are clearing out the large backlog of people who applied in the past several years and are still waiting.

Express Entry is a good system, and it's working like it's supposed to.
they r hitting targets question is have they identified their targets right?

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mead said:
How did it make things better? I see problems and issues with immigration now. effects of which will be felt in coming years.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp

Take a look. Those processing times are in months. Two to three year wait times for people. Now, even if you get rejected and have to reapply twice, you still get faster service than you ever did before.

LMO are more difficult now and skill is more important now. But again it has nothing to do with immigration it is in part improvement in TFW program which was definitely needed
It has everything to do with immigration - that's why a person with a LMIA gets 600 points minimum, and a person without LMIA/PNP gets 600 points maximum.

Canada has a job issue. I'm in a high-demand field, but my spouse is not. Many of my classmates are not. There are lots of Canadians without jobs, and Canada doesn't want to make the issue any worse than it is. They only want immigrants who will bring new skills, or who are likely to create new jobs. Canada doesn't benefit from immigrants driving down wages or leaving Canadians on welfare when they can't find jobs.

I agree with this too FSW program has improved but at an expense of LMIA exempt workers. LMIA exempt work permit holder fill a lot of non skilled jobs which r required if these people are forced to leave due to not getting ITA it will create more problems than improvements.
I was a LMIA-exempt worker (study permit). I now have a LMIA. From Canada's standpoint, students working is a necessary evil - they can work part time to support their studies.

Most of the people on a PGWP don't have a lot of job experience. So, they are competing for entry-level positions alongside Canadians. From the standpoint of the government, that's a bad thing. If they aren't competing for jobs, then they have the entire PGWP time to get a LMIA.

yes i agree 8 years was a long time and FSW needed to be improved but they should keep FSW separate from CEC or LIMA exempt work permit holder immigration.

Why? Paying to take a few classes doesn't make you a better immigrant. I'm a native english speaker, from a socioeconomically similar country - I was far more adapted to living here than many of the people I go to school with. Also, there are so many students here - if they gave P/R just for graduating, they would cause plenty of problems for Canada, particularly as they are expanding the number of international students.

The job I took and qualify for was being done by someone who was a citizen here and was not skilled or trained to do the job. They had my position open 8 months. the guy who was handling what i do was making so many mistakes and I am still fixing them now.
That's unfortunate. That's exactly the situation that LMIAs are designed for. If they can't find qualified people, they are able to recruit foreign workers. The company I'm working for now spent some time looking for employees before hiring me. I was just looking for part time work, but they hired me because they were desperate.

My company has already closed 2 felicities and moved to US because of various issues. Now think about it if i have to leave as I wouldnt get ITA company will lose again and at some point close the office where I work if issues persist. a few years ago i would have applied under CEC waited for whatever time and got PR. company happy me happy other citizens working in the company happy..but now its all unpredictable.
If you are correct, and they can't hire a Canadian, then Canada does want you. If your employer won't spend $1,000 to hire you, and your employer goes bankrupt because your employer won't fill out the forms for your employer to get the staff they need, than it's the fault of your employer, not Canada.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mead said:
they r hitting targets question is have they identified their targets right?
Their targets are in terms of people. As an example, suppose they wanted 20,00 FSW. They could do 10,000 old applications and 10,000 EE. Or, they could run 5,000 old applications and 15,000 EE. Or, they could run 19,900 old applications and 100 EE.

All would still hit their targets.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
If you are correct, and they can't hire a Canadian, then Canada does want you. If your employer won't spend $1,000 to hire you, and your employer goes bankrupt because your employer won't fill out the forms for your employer to get the staff they need, than it's the fault of your employer, not Canada.
lol hows that companies fault if a government makes policies that harm companies the companies will leave canada or go bankrupt in either case canadians will suffer hows that companies fault. these current policies will force companies to leave canada along with it jobs would leave canada.

from what i see ur not looking it in a practical sense ur looking it in a theoretical sense. like if canada restricts foreign workers/immigrants canadian will benefit ..which may or may not be true. just selecting best people using an automated system is prone to manipulations and in that case will harm canada in long run. fact is canada does require skilled and un skilled labor. if they restrict international students they choke their future skilled labor which is educated in canada and will get skilled in canada. in my opinion whoever designed express entry didnt do it for improving immigration. They want to show how they r only selecting skilled labor which is not right. express entry looks good on paper for canadians but it will have negative effect in long run.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
kateg said:
Their targets are in terms of people. As an example, suppose they wanted 20,00 FSW. They could do 10,000 old applications and 10,000 EE. Or, they could run 5,000 old applications and 15,000 EE. Or, they could run 19,900 old applications and 100 EE.

All would still hit their targets.
yes i agree they got 20000 FSW and they hit their target my question is how do u know that target 20000 is right for canada? it may as well be canada needs 100000 in that case hitting target is not enough. canada needs labor no arguing there right? canada also needs specific labor now thats debatable which labor canada needs. if some occupations r not on radar just cause exempt work permit holders r filling that gap then removing these work permit holders will cause further damage which is not seen right now but will be felt in long run. international students will dry out with them some revenue will dry out but more importantly some jobs that were filled with these student will now be in demand causing further issues.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mead said:
lol hows that companies fault if a government makes policies that harm companies the companies will leave canada or go bankrupt in either case canadians will suffer hows that companies fault. these current policies will force companies to leave canada along with it jobs would leave canada.
If an employee isn't worth $1,000 and a few month wait, then the employee isn't necessary.

like if canada restricts foreign workers/immigrants canadian will benefit ..which may or may not be true.
This is a message board, not a macroeconomics course. Labour, like anything else, is subject to supply and demand. Oversupply will lead to a drop in the value of that labour (depressed wages). Undersupply (employers unable to hire who they need at any price they can afford) will result in decreased opportunities and ultimately fewer jobs overall. It's a curve.

just selecting best people using an automated system is prone to manipulations and in that case will harm canada in long run. fact is canada does require skilled and un skilled labor.
Canada requires immigrants mainly because the economic system is based upon inflation, which requires growth. This growth includes population, and Canadians aren't reproducing at a sufficient rate. Any system can be manipulated, and no, Canada doesn't really need unskilled labour.

if they restrict international students they choke their future skilled labor which is educated in canada and will get skilled in canada.
Why admit a student who came here to study for a worthless degree, when they can get someone far wealthier and more skilled from overseas?

in my opinion whoever designed express entry didnt do it for improving immigration. They want to show how they r only selecting skilled labor which is not right. express entry looks good on paper for canadians but it will have negative effect in long run.
They did do it to improve immigration ... by selecting skilled labour. Long run, this should be a very good thing.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mead said:
yes i agree they got 20000 FSW and they hit their target my question is how do u know that target 20000 is right for canada?

They set their targets by looking at the economic landscape and wages. They have a pretty good idea of the effect of increasing the labour pool through lots of historical data. They make an educated guess, and if they over or undershoot (or if the economic landscape changes), they adjust next years targets accordingly.

it may as well be canada needs 100000 in that case hitting target is not enough.
If that were the case, we'd see a spike in wages as too many employers competed for too few employees. This can be observed using things like income taxes.

canada needs labor no arguing there right?
Overall, sure. More? Arguably not. It's not that there's insufficient labour so much as it's not efficiently allocated. Some fields have too many workers (driving wages down), while others have too few. That is a problem to be addressed mainly through education and training, with temporary (actually temporary) workers filling the gaps until they can be replaced with citizens. That's what the temporary worker program was supposedly for.

if some occupations r not on radar just cause exempt work permit holders r filling that gap then removing these work permit holders will cause further damage which is not seen right now but will be felt in long run.
If we're playing the "what if" game, what if getting rid of the OWP and PGWP competition helps drive the wage up to the point that the jobs are able to attract better talent? This would be a great thing for Canada, and reduce the damage that the immigration has already caused.

international students will dry out with them some revenue will dry out but more importantly some jobs that were filled with these student will now be in demand causing further issues.
Which brings us back to the LMIA. If you can't get Canadians, then you are permitted to hire foreigners. If PGWP people leaving creates gaps in unskilled labour (unlikely, given the unemployment rate and population sizes), then more LMIAs will be issued. The gap gets closed, and Canada acquires the skills that it needs, rather than the skills that international graduates happened to pick.

If 3,000 PGWP holders are software developers, and only 1,000 developers are needed, then that would be 2,000 extra developers driving down wages, and they would be the people who happened to come here and graduate.

Under EE, if 1,000 developers are needed, the best developers get picked (out of the entire world), and only the 1,000 needed get to come. The rest are not driving down wages.