+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is cic call agent record the conversation when we call

SINP 2014 PNP

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
me and my room mate just discussing that is cic call agent record the conversation when we call to them

my opinion is no

but his opinion is yes

he said for the training purpose they keep recording and if anybody said bad world or shutting with them so they can take action with this audio recoding

because if call agent wants to put complain about the conversation he/she need audio prove

what you guys thinking is he correct

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SINP 2014 PNP said:
me and my room mate just discussing that is cic call agent record the conversation when we call to them

my opinion is no

but his opinion is yes

he said for the training purpose they keep recording and if anybody said bad world or shutting with them so they can take action with this audio recoding

because if call agent wants to put complain about the conversation he/she need audio prove

I beleive no, because to record a conversation, one needs consent of the other party.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
StAnger said:
I beleive no, because to record a conversation, one needs consent of the other party.
sorry i want to add something

example if any call agent said this applicant was harassing when he call or he was rude when call

how the call agent will take action if there is no audio recording

deepaksood

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-12-2015
Hamid khan said:
sorry i want to add something

example if any call agent said this applicant was harassing when he call or he was rude when call

how the call agent will take action if there is no audio recording
The call can NOT be recorded unless stated to the calling party - legal requirement.

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
guys i have a question

do you think call agent can write bad notes if you ask more question or same question again and again

do they have power to cancel DM or write bad notes

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
SINP 2014 PNP said:

my opinion is no

but his opinion is yes

As far as i know..most call center they record...we r the one calling to them...so legally they can record..and they usually says that the call may be recorded for training purposes ..i may be wrong..

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
From my experience of working in a call centre, It's a legal requirement to seek consent before recording an ongoing conversation, but in exceptional cases conversations can be recalled if it is deemed to be of public interest. Those CIC agents are not employed directly by CIC, they are like agency workers but possess the required skills to work for CIC

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
highty said:
From my experience of working in a call centre, It's a legal requirement to seek consent before recording an ongoing conversation, but in exceptional cases conversations can be recalled if it is deemed to be of public interest. Those CIC agents are not employed directly by CIC, they are like agency workers but possess the required skills to work for CIC
are you sure they are not directly cic employer
they hired from agency

if you have link please send me it would be helpful for me

please

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
highty said:
i don't agree with you
unless you have a link

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whats the purpose of the questio if I may ask? We can probably discuss the root cause and present our solutions rather than beating around the bush.

Canadian system is very professional and I can certainly say that they will ask for the consent prior recording. Its not rocket science.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pretty sure it's recorded. In the initial recording they play when you call they tell you that calls are recorded for training purposes. Same when you call any service provider, bank etc.

cic.gc.ca

Jul 24, 2015
NOC Code......
2273 coast guard
just add here something, On my gcms notes, I see that they wrote that I contacted the montreal call center 3 times to address the same issue. however it did not effect my application. I Called them 4,5 time a days for 5 days

snail

Nov 16, 2015
StAnger said:
Whats the purpose of the questio if I may ask? We can probably discuss the root cause and present our solutions rather than beating around the bush.

Canadian system is very professional and I can certainly say that they will ask for the consent prior recording. Its not rocket science.
Sounds like someone was exceptionally rude to the call centre worker and is now regretting that choice.