+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is choosing Qatar airways a good choice (from India), or should I look for any other airlines?

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
A travel agent said that transiting via Doha/Middle East airports sometime would be a bit of a hassle due to this pandemic and that the airports there may impose strict regulations while transferring to connecting flights.

Could anyone share your experiences/views on whether choosing Qatar airways is a good option?
Or, has any one flown to Canada by Qatar airways?

Please suggest/advise.

t.135

Star Member
Feb 28, 2021
ur so lucky u get to plan ur travel while here i am waiting for a decision super anxious... anyways enjoy it!!!! hope u have a great time :))

Reactions: aspirant256

fasalu101

Apr 5, 2020
A travel agent said that transiting via Doha/Middle East airports sometime would be a bit of a hassle due to this pandemic and that the airports there may impose strict regulations while transferring to connecting flights.

Could anyone share your experiences/views on whether choosing Qatar airways is a good option?

Please suggest/advise.
Hi, did you come to a conclusion? Even I was thinking of opting Qatar airways which is much more affordable than any other from my place.

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014

Please suggest/advise.
Qatar Airways is good. The Airport at Doha is awesome and huge. Transit passengers will NOT face any difficulty from airport staff. Make sure you reach the gate early. Remember to have necessary papers like the negative test report before boarding the flight in India. My family recently transited via AUH. Also note you will be Quarantined (current Mandatory rules) when you land in Canada. So will cost additional $3K+. Moreover there are several complaints about these mandatory quarantine recently.

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Qatar Airways is good. The Airport at Doha is awesome and huge. Transit passengers will NOT face any difficulty from airport staff. Make sure you reach the gate early. Remember to have necessary papers like the negative test report before boarding the flight in India. My family recently transited via AUH. Also note you will be Quarantined (current Mandatory rules) when you land in Canada. So will cost additional $3K+. Moreover there are several complaints about these mandatory quarantine recently.
You're absolutely right. Yes, I'm aware of the travel requirements, as well as the hotel quarantine. Thank you!

maitri0603

Star Member
Dec 27, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
I sent an inquiry couple of days ago about traveling to Canada from India via Doha in Qatar. They replied to me on Twitter. They said there are no restrictions for transitting passengers through Doha. Hopefully, it stays the same until next month at least.

Reactions: shopnodana91

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
I sent an inquiry couple of days ago about traveling to Canada from India via Doha in Qatar. They replied to me on Twitter. They said there are no restrictions for transitting passengers through Doha. Hopefully, it stays the same until next month at least.
Good to know.

maitri0603

Star Member
Dec 27, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
What are other options we do have to travel from India to Canada? Does anyone have any contacts with friends who have travelled through a different route?
I am looking to travel with Qatar or else Emirates.
Trying to avoid a shittiest direct flight of Delhi - Toronto. Heard a lot of bad reviews about our own airlines who is star alliance!!

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
What are other options we do have to travel from India to Canada? Does anyone have any contacts with friends who have travelled through a different route?
I am looking to travel with Qatar or else Emirates.
Trying to avoid a shittiest direct flight of Delhi - Toronto. Heard a lot of bad reviews about our own airlines who is star alliance!!
What about air Canada?

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016

slambook30

Star Member
Sep 12, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Does Qatar Airways provide extra baggage? On the website, it says they do. https://www.qatarairways.com/en-in/student-club.html
The extra baggage allowance (10 kg/1 piece, where applicable) is applicable only for Burgundy level Privilege Club members. Members who are holding Silver, Gold, or Platinum tiers will continue to avail of their respective tier benefits for baggage allowance as per the current Privilege Club terms and conditions.
But "10 kg/1 piece" is confusing. Does it mean 1 more baggage that can be up to 10 kgs? Does anyone know?

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
I'm not sure about Qatar Airways, but a friend travelled to Canada (Toronto) via Dubai (Emirates). Of course, in her case, she was travelling from Bangladesh(Dhaka), so there were no direct flights to Canada. She did not have any problems and reached safely.

But for Indians, since there are direct flights (Air India and Air Canada), I'm not sure.