+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is changes in passport after ITA is acceptable?

VANEETA

Feb 1, 2018
FOLKS!

Please guide I had applied through express entry pool system and finally got ITA after long waiting period . Now i am little bit in worry as i have renewed my passport after ITA for addition of spouse and change in address updation . so please guide what has to follow it acceptable to CIC or not as i am very worried about its because all ilets score card is also with old passport number and new passport will come with new number.

Regards
Vaneeta

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FOLKS!

Please guide I had applied through express entry pool system and finally got ITA after long waiting period . Now i am little bit in worry as i have renewed my passport after ITA for addition of spouse and change in address updation . so please guide what has to follow it acceptable to CIC or not as i am very worried about its because all ilets score card is also with old passport number and new passport will come with new number.

Regards
Vaneeta
1 - Write a letter of explanation regarding the fact that you got a new passport.
2 - Upload both passports in the passport placeholder.

VANEETA

Feb 1, 2018
THANKS ALOT SIR,

Please guide old passport number is mentioned on both the ielts and Police clearance certificate there will be separate LOE for them too?

Sir do you have reference copy of any letter of explanation

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A simple paragraph explaining the whole situation is sufficient. There really isn't a standard format for a LOE, simply write a formal letter.

prianca10

Feb 27, 2018
FOLKS!

Regards
Vaneeta
Hi Vaneeta,
I am facing the same problem, address and name updated, hence have a new passport? Can you please guide me. I have less than 50 days left for EE application submission.
Thanks in advance.

dreamcanadalife

Nov 13, 2017
I need an advice as my wife is applying for PR in express entry.

Havent got the marriage registered yet but we want her name to contain my surname in the certificate.
However, till now all her documents bear her name before marriage including the passport and IELTS certificate.
We havent got the ECA assessed yet, After getting the marriage certificate we plan to change the name in passport as well and apply to WES with the marriage certificate so that her name after marriage is also accounted for in ECA Report.
As the IELTS result has her name before marriage, will that be a problem ?
Addition of surname of husband is common, so please advice what should be done if we want to add the husband's surname ?

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Get it done after U get your passport with Canadian visa stamped on your old one.

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hi Vaneeta,
I am facing the same problem, address and name updated, hence have a new passport? Can you please guide me. I have less than 50 days left for EE application submission.
Thanks in advance.
Hi,
Did you find sol to issue

Victor02

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
Hi,
Please help here!! While creating the EE Profile I made a mistake in filling up year of birth of my wife (filled 1988 while it should be 1989). Now I got the ITA but I am not able to update the year to 1989. She is not the primary applicant and this mistake (unknowingly though) won't affect my CRS score.
How can the year of birth be changed? Webform or IRCC call what else?