+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is CGA (Certified General Accountant) a degree/diploma/certificate?

maxi.khan

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
i'll get it by late september INSHALLAH :) but tht dosen't mean tht i can then get a admission in Master's easily b/c of the requirements which i have seen b.c probably i wouldn't get > 60% its simply because i did ACCA from London part 2 in first attempt so don't have that high grades.

Moreover i have been visiting and searching colleges and universities for a weeks now, i really can't afford something like CAD 30000 for Master's degree.
But for any PG diploma can u recommend me any good college for 2 year course in the field of Finance and Accounting??

maxi.khan

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
That is the reason m considering CGA to do as it will be very much related to my ACCA. Can u tell me tht will CGA be eligible for PGWP or any PNP ??

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of Allah (24/8/2012)
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
maxi.khan said:
@ sheryar: is there any colleges or institute for CGA in canada? Aatually i want to study CGA in Canada and want to apply for PGWP after it so that i can work and gain work experience, its no point to do bachelor/ master's before it out of interest for 2/3 years to gain just a PGWP.

If PGWP is not possible on CGA then i will consider to do some Bachelor or Master's.
CGA is a professional qualification,U have to have work permit to do CGA because it needs ONLY PART TIME STUDY along with full time 3 years of work experience.

maxi.khan

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Ohh really??
so can u suggest me any universities for MSc in Finance and Accounting or MBA but not with higher fees as i have seen most of the universities.
Or alternatively what if i do a 1 year PG diploma and then apply for PGWP and PR after that? please advice me!

billad

Jul 26, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Sheryar said:
CGA is a professional qualification,U have to have work permit to do CGA because it needs ONLY PART TIME STUDY along with full time 3 years of work experience.
+1

navid82

Jan 10, 2012
I'm an ACCA/CGA qualified member living in Toronto. Neither of these designation alone entitle you for PGWP or PNP. you need to enroll in at least two years programme in one of the public Canadian universities or colleges. MBA and other master programs are super expensive for international student so I recommend you to pick a two years post graduate or post secondary program at one of the public colleges ( i.e Seneca, Humber, George Brown, . . . ).
you can enroll for an Accounting diploma for example but you should remember such programs do not really add anything to your knowledge if you are already an ACCA member/affiliate. you might get depressed when you compare the level of knowledge with ACCA but you need them just for your immigration purposes.
good luck

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
navid82 said:
I'm an ACCA/CGA qualified member living in Toronto. Neither of these designation alone entitle you for PGWP or PNP. you need to enroll in at least two years programme in one of the public Canadian universities or colleges. MBA and other master programs are super expensive for international student so I recommend you to pick a two years post graduate or post secondary program at one of the public colleges ( i.e Seneca, Humber, George Brown, . . . ).
you can enroll for an Accounting diploma for example but you should remember such programs do not really add anything to your knowledge if you are already an ACCA member/affiliate. you might get depressed when you compare the level of knowledge with ACCA but you need them just for your immigration purposes.
good luck
but securing visas over an admission in college is nearly impossible in Pakistan

Bakta

Jan 6, 2014
Hi guys,

got a question here, is there any way for a foreign worker to enter CGA courses?
and theen make a degree and finsih and get Certified?

Thanks

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
got a question here, is there any way for a foreign worker to enter CGA courses?
and theen make a degree and finsih and get Certified?
You should start the other way:
enroll in BA in accounting, then when you graduate and enroll in CGA the majority of your courses from BA will be transferred to CGA. To get CGA you also have to have at least two years of accounting job experience at the intermediate (not entry ) level, so altogether ap 4+ years of experience.