+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is certificate of Date of Birth from Indian Consulate valid ?

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Hi,
I was going through the BLS site and found they have an option to provide a certificate for the date of birth .

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/cert_dob.php

would this be considered as a valid date of birth proof for my PR application ?

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
200 % not valid.. don't waster your money and time..

savioceg said:
Hi,
I was going through the BLS site and found they have an option to provide a certificate for the date of birth .

pj11

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
savioceg said:
Hi,

No

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
No, It wont be....I have seen 100 threads and one of my friend experienced the same....Its better to get an affidavit from the oath commisionor in Canada if you dont have the birth certificate from India....

savioceg said:
Hi,

ooops

Oct 23, 2014
The certificate of date of birth issued by indian consulate through BLS in toronto is NOT a valid substitute document for birth certificate

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
Regarding birth certificate there is lot of confusion

1. I've seen few post certificate of Date of Birth from Indian Consulate is valid and also I've seen they are not valid

2. I've seen notarized affidavit that worked in some case and some cases they are not.

3. I've seen attested SSC Mark sheet even this work in some cases and some cases they are not.

I basically think go for all the above if you don't have birth certificate it depends on case worker what he is looking for the birth certificate alternative.

I'm sure there is no replacement for birth certificate but looking at the forums I can say there are other alternative if you fail to get the birth certificate.It's all depend on Visa Officer

So to conclude keep date of birth certificate+ affidavit notarized + ssc mark list attested . hope this will work . Make sure in Covering letter you clearly mention why you went for alternative document instead of submitting birth certificate.

I've tried like this and I'm waiting for the result.

Hope this thing will help.

Cheers,

MJ009

Sep 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicaation
Med's Request
12- Nov- 2014
Med's Done....
14-Nov-2014, Also paid upfront RPRF on 14-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
22-Dec-2014
Hi Bro..

I had also seen the same info on BLS in jan 2014 and trust that. I had applied in March 2014 using Certificate of Birth from BLS India. CIC returned my application . Than I put 10 th and 12 th Marksheet and leaving certificate in the application . Also I told my dad to send me affidavit of birth from India. So safe a side i put all other possible document to support my application and applied again in April 2014 . and received my AOR on May. If you found any other way , I mean how to obtin birth certificate from India, Please do share.

Best of luck for your application.

savioceg said:
Hi,

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
MJ009 said:
Hi Bro..

I had also seen the same info on BLS in jan 2014 and trust that. I had applied in March 2014 using Certificate of Birth from BLS India. CIC returned my application . Than I put 10 th and 12 th Marksheet and leaving certificate in the application . Also I told my dad to send me affidavit of birth from India. So safe a side i put all other possible document to support my application and applied again in April 2014 . and received my AOR on May. If you found any other way , I mean how to obtin birth certificate from India, Please do share.

Best of luck for your application.

Yes I agree. Keep all the supporting documents (10th & 12th class attested, certificate of date of birth from indian consulate, notarized affidavit either from India or you can get it notarized in Canada and mention the reason in the cover letter ). We just want to provide that identity is authentic