+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is CEC better than Express Entry for me?

dmstlr1002

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I am 30 years old and have been working as a manager for a restaurant for the past one year.

Since I do not get max points from ages and education(I only graduated from a college in Canada). It is crucially important for me to get high Ielts score and one more year of working experience,
but then, yesterday my friend said, I should apply for PR under Canadian experience class since it will take the similar amount of time for me to get PR but in much easier way.

In order for me to become eligible to apply for PR through express entry, I need to work for more one year and wait for 6 months of process time so in total, one and half year.

According to many I have talked to, I would approximately take 1 year and 6 months for me to get PR If I apply under Canadian experience.

So, which one is better for me and does anyone know the exact time consumed for Canadian experience class to grant PR?

Please help me and Thank you!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
CEC is part of Express Entry.

Express Entry has three qualifying streams - CEC, Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades.

dmstlr1002

Jul 29, 2019
Cec is one that has score cutoff system? If the score is 465 and what would happens to applicants with lower than 465 crs score? Their applications are pushed for another future draw or they need to reapply for PR?

dmstlr1002

Jul 29, 2019
CEC is also a Express Entry program, you need qualify for one of below express entry program to be eligible for Express entry draw. Eligibility is different from CRS draw.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/compare.html
Cec is one that has score cutoff system? If the score is 465 and what would happens to applicants with lower than 465 crs score? Their applications are pushed for another future draw or they need to reapply for PR?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You should read up on Express Entry first.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

All these questions are answered on this webpage, and you can also read this guide:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-in-a-nutshell.394158/

Reactions: hakweye

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Since I do not get max points from ages and education(I only graduated from a college in Canada). It is crucially important for me to get high Ielts score and one more year of working experience,
but then, yesterday my friend said, I should apply for PR under Canadian experience class since it will take the similar amount of time for me to get PR but in much easier way.

In order for me to become eligible to apply for PR through express entry, I need to work for more one year and wait for 6 months of process time so in total, one and half year.

According to many I have talked to, I would approximately take 1 year and 6 months for me to get PR If I apply under Canadian experience.

Express Entry (EE) is not a program, it is an application management system for 3 economic class programs: FSW, CEC, and FST. The application processing time standard is the same for all EE programs; most applications will be processed within 6 months after the full application (eAPR) is submitted.

So, whoever you have been talking to has been giving you bad information, or you have misunderstood them. Suggest educating yourself with the information provided by IRCC:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

So, which one is better for me and does anyone know the exact time consumed for Canadian experience class to grant PR?

There is no exact time. Every application is different.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CEC and FSW (both Express Entry) have the same cut off score. Yes - applicants with less than the minimum are pushed to the next draw. Note that it's been a very long time since the score has dropped below 460. So you want to aim to have 460+.

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
I agree with what the experts have said above. You will get 35 points for 1 year of Canadian experience. You can use the cic score calculator and see how is your score. Nevertheless, you need to give IELTS and if your education is outside Canada you need to evaluate your education (ECA).
The processing time varies for each applicant and at least 6 months.