+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Canada undergoing recession?

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Fellow members,

I am trying for Canadian PR for quite some time now. My friends moved to Canada few months back and they are struggling for good jobs, though they have picked up survival jobs and got their kid admitted in a public school. I was told Canada is undergoing the biggest recession ever and consultants are the once who are minting huge money from hourly pay of candidates.

I am a HR Professional and thought of applying for HR Licence and working there but was told even after I get a licence the wait period for HR jobs in somewhere between 8-10 yrs.

Please suggest would it be the right time to move? I am desperately waiting for FSW to open in March’13.

Also, suggest is there a way we can try for PNP route?

In anticipation of help from experienced and senior community members.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - Canada is certainly not in a recession.

There is no such thing as a wait period for HR jobs. At the same time it's impossible to say how long it might take you to find an HR job when you arrive. It might take a few weeks, it might take a few months or it might take a few years.

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Scylla. It is good to hear...I really dont mind struggling incase jobs are available.
My friend told me that she had to pick survival job fr 16$/hr and her consultant is taking a lot of money out of that...

Also, can anyone please help me with the process of applying licence for our educational qualification...
Can we initiate the process right now or we will have to wait till the time we land in Canada..