+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is BANK LETTER absolutely necessary for PR application

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
Hi all, I'm in the process of submitting my PR Application. I have my account statement already but I don't have Bank letter which my bank has refused to issue me bcos I don't have a current account rather I have savings account. What do I do?

Seniors pls reply. Thanks

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Dr Nonsky said:
Hi all, I'm in the process of submitting my PR Application. I have my account statement already but I don't have Bank letter which my bank has refused to issue me bcos I don't have a current account rather I have savings account. What do I do?

Bank letter is a must. So, just ask your bank to provide any kind of letter (don't ask anything special from them) they are willing to provide you containing manager's seal & letterhead pad.

Any kind of letter would suffice. Thanks

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
If you can't manage any letter even after trying hard, give CIC any proof that your bank is not willing to provide any letter against your account by any following means:

1. Comments/reply of a bank official on your request application/email of providing you a bank letter.
2. An LOE to CIC with statements & all other supporting documents you have.

But remember, CIC is very strict on this issue & there is probably no way to evade the requirement of a bank letter without which your PR application might lead to a refusal.

Thanks

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
My bank is also refusing any form of letter. They claim they cannot even provide a Refusal letter.

I'm going to write to them and ask for a letter back (photocopying my letter sent to them). It's a sham... It's an international bank!

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
kryt0n said:
My bank is also refusing any form of letter. They claim they cannot even provide a Refusal letter.

I'm going to write to them and ask for a letter back (photocopying my letter sent to them). It's a sham... It's an international bank!
Really a shame for that bank. An account holder always posses the right to have a letter from bank acknowledging his/her account details.

Really shameful. :mad:

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Dr Nonsky said:

Ask for a "Solvency" letter/certificate from your bank against your current/savings account. A solvency letter is a very basic term for any bank in the whole world.

Fahadivan

Aug 15, 2016
Hello guys,

I was hoping to get some help one more time. In the proof of funds document upload section should i just upload my bank statements for the last six months? What if i do not have that sufficient amount that cic asks for (12,000 something CAD for one person to support himself) in my bank account at that time. It said I did not have to take that money with me to Canada, i just have to prove that i have that much money which i was going to do by giving them on of my family members account. I do not have any credit card or credit card debts.

TIA

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fahadivan said:
Hello guys,

I was hoping to get some help one more time. In the proof of funds document upload section should i just upload my bank statements for the last six months? What if i do not have that sufficient amount that cic asks for (12,000 something CAD for one person to support himself) in my bank account at that time. It said I did not have to take that money with me to Canada, i just have to prove that i have that much money which i was going to do by giving them on of my family members account. I do not have any credit card or credit card debts.

TIA
You are only required to upload your bank statements if your bank letter does not follow all the CIC requirements.

If you're getting money from family members you need a gift deed, uploading your family members bank statements does no favors to your application. They want to see that the funds belong to you and that they are unencumbered.

Cheers :)

Fahadivan

Aug 15, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
You are only required to upload your bank statements if your bank letter does not follow all the CIC requirements.

If you're getting money from family members you need a gift deed, uploading your family members bank statements does no favors to your application. They want to see that the funds belong to you and that they are unencumbered.

Could you please explain the "gift deed"? Can it just be a signature on a stamped pad? Do i have to have that much of amount of money in my account while applying?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fahadivan said:
Could you please explain the "gift deed"? Can it just be a signature on a stamped pad? Do i have to have that much of amount of money in my account while applying?
It is a document in which your family member declares that the money transferred to you is a gift (not a loan) and that they do not expect to get that money back. Ideally this document is notarized. Proof of that transfer is also recommended.

Look for a template in this forum.

You obviously need the minimun funds required when applying otherwise your application will be rejected.

Cheers

Fahadivan

Aug 15, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
It is a document in which your family member declares that the money transferred to you is a gift (not a loan) and that they do not expect to get that money back. Ideally this document is notarized. Proof of that transfer is also recommended.

Look for a template in this forum.

You obviously need the minimun funds required when applying otherwise your application will be rejected.

Cheers
So that means when i upload my bank statement, i should have that my money in my account. But i don't have that money right now, nor could i manage it in these 60 days, could i get it later and notify them in any way?

Thanks by the way... and +1 my friend..

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Fahadivan said:
So that means when i upload my bank statement, i should have that my money in my account. But i don't have that money right now, nor could i manage it in these 60 days, could i get it later and notify them in any way?

It's one of the main requirements that YOU have the funds. If you don't have them when you apply you will be rejected. End of. It has to be in your name. If your family deposit the money now then you have to have a gift deed to prove its not a loan.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Fahadivan said:
Hello guys,

TIA
Brother, It's true that you have no obligation to bring the settlement fund to Canada when you land but even the money is from your relative, it must be kept in your account. Showing your relatives bank statement will not fulfill CIC's requirement.

First of all, transfer the required amount of money to your account from your relatives' account. Then prepare a gift deed mentioning that your relative is willingly giving you this money, not as a loan. Then notarize that deed and attach with your bank letter+statements. Please, remind that, this money must be in your account until you land to Canada.

While landing in Canada, at airport, the IO may ask you to show the POF. You will be required to show him this statement on your name to the IO.

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fahadivan said:

No, you have to have the required funds when you submit your application.

If you cannot get them in 60 days then decline your ITA, if you submit your eAPR without those funds you will be rejected.

Fahadivan

Aug 15, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
No, you have to have the required funds when you submit your application.

If you cannot get them in 60 days then decline your ITA, if you submit your eAPR without those funds you will be rejected.

Thanks, cannot afford to decline ITA. Gotta arrange the money and docs... :)