+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is "Bachelors in Education" degree considered as "Professional Degree"? NOC 4021

sachinleo80

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Friends,

I have completed my BSc, B.Ed and M.Sc in India. However WES report has mentioned my degree qualifications as follows -

B.Sc - 3 Years Bachelors Degree
B.Ed - Bachelors in Education
M.Sc - 4 Years Bachelors Degree

Hence, could you please confirm if my B.Ed education degree is equivalent to "Professional Degree"? Since profession as a teacher requires license to perform its professional degrees, I have selected this option while applying to EE.

However I am now worried if my application might get rejected due to this issue. Your response is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sachinleo80 said:
Friends,

I have completed my BSc, B.Ed and M.Sc in India. However WES report has mentioned my degree qualifications as follows -

Hence, could you please confirm if my B.Ed education degree is equivalent to "Professional Degree"? Since profession as a teacher requires license to perform its professional degrees, I have selected this option while applying to EE.

However I am now worried if my application might get rejected due to this issue. Your response is much appreciated.

Thanks!!
1. No, IMHO it is not considered a "professional degree"

dp143

Jan 14, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

1. No, IMHO it is not considered a "professional degree"
In case of secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) ... is B.Ed. considered sufficient to find a job in Canada ?

Any expert comments pls.

sachinleo80

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
dp143 said:
In case of secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) ... is B.Ed. considered sufficient to find a job in Canada ?

Any expert comments pls.
Yes! It is!! However you should have 3 or more years Bachelor's degree... All the best!!

nads1

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, England
LANDED..........
26-03-2016
No, it is not! It is the first qualification you must have but you CANNOT teach in any Province in Canada without getting a license.

To get a license for the Province you need to work. You will need to provide lots of information and pay fees.

Best

dp143

Jan 14, 2015
nads1 said:
No, it is not! It is the first qualification you must have but you CANNOT teach in any Province in Canada without getting a license.

To get a license for the Province you need to work. You will need to provide lots of information and pay fees.

Best
Can you please elaborate on NOC 4031 , with B.A. - Economics (Hons.) + B.Ed. and 10 years+ of teaching experience in India ...
What additional things will be mandatory to get a teacher's job in Canada ...?

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Can you please elaborate on NOC 4031 , with B.A. - Economics (Hons.) + B.Ed. and 10 years+ of teaching experience in India ...
What additional things will be mandatory to get a teacher's job in Canada ...?
Hi it's an old post but could you please tell me what you got as Wes ass

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
I would imagine you would find the Ontario College of Teachers requesting you repeat your B. Ed. in a Canadian University. Our society and education is so different from India I would think it would be required. Also be advised that becuase 60% of our society has a degree or diploma you are up against a lot of compitition. We have a surplus of teachers at present. By the way teaching IS a profession in Canada.

www.oct.ca

This is a description of what a teacher from India needs to register with the College.

www.oct.ca/becoming-a-teacher/internationally-educated-teachers/country-info/country-i/country-india

Last edited:

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Friends,

Thanks!!
Hi it's an old post.
Please reply if you get to see this . Could u share your experience for indian b.ed. for express entry. Hope you got pr.

amita12

Dec 6, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am trying to get my ECA done from WES. They have recently changed the rules for Indian candidates. They will only accept the Transcripts from the University directly.

Can anyone tell me what is Certificate of Membership for Bachelors of Education 1 year Course from Pune University? This is the requirement from WES. Is it also considered a professional degree?

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Hello everyone,

I am trying to get my ECA done from WES. They have recently changed the rules for Indian candidates. They will only accept the Transcripts from the University directly.

Can anyone tell me what is Certificate of Membership for Bachelors of Education 1 year Course from Pune University? This is the requirement from WES. Is it also considered a professional degree?
No b.ed is not a professional qualification. Equivalent to bachelor degree.but ull get points for two or more with ba plus b.ed.