+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is anyone planning to apply for NOC 0111/ 4162/ 1112?

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
I have experience in Risk Management and confused what NOC best matches my profile.

Folks, I need help to decide which NOC suits best for Risk Manager’s profile.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go by job duties..I being a finance manager initially wanted to go for 0111 but looking at my job responsibilities, i went ahead with 1111

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Rocky127 said:
Go by job duties..I being a finance manager initially wanted to go for 0111 but looking at my job responsibilities, i went ahead with 1111
I have Risk Management experience but my job duties lie in multiple NOCs. That's confusing me.

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
I have used NOC 0111 and 1112 for 2 different work ex.

What I did was look at each of the different NOC codes I could find and then used the one which I felt had the maximum overlap.

Remember that you would need reference letters which should be in line with what the NOC code you state though.

Thanks
K

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sfahadali said:
I have Risk Management experience but my job duties lie in multiple NOCs. That's confusing me.
Go by your primary job duties and then focus on that to identify NOC

So for example, In my role, I take care of accounting function but I also do forecasting, risk assessment,Control deficiencies etc but still i focused on accounting to finalize 1111

Secondary duties which are not regular and can confuse you on different NOC's can be ignored for your purposes

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Yeah you both are right. The issue is that I am indifferent among these NOCs: 0111, 4162, 1112

The most confusing part is under NOC 4162 (Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts), that it has exactly the same designation which I had i.e. Risk Management Analyst. But on the other hand I know that one should select NOC on the basis of job duties and not as per designations.

I worked for a mutual funds company as a Analyst Risk Management and later as Assistant Management - Risk Management & Compliance. But I wont be focusing on compliance part.

Funny thing is all of the above mentioned NOCs have few of my job duties. :D ;D

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't go by title but by job responsibilities

I would have gone by title, I would have chose 0111 but my responsibilities synced with 1111

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Rocky127 said:
Don't go by title but by job responsibilities

I would have gone by title, I would have chose 0111 but my responsibilities synced with 1111
If I share my job duties with you, will you suggest me the best NOC? Just a guess....

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
You can put a mail to NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca and ask them to suggest the right NOC.

btw, have you checked the NOC 1114

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
bootsal said:
You can put a mail to NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca and ask them to suggest the right NOC.

btw, have you checked the NOC 1114
I sent them an email but their response was very generic. It didn't help me to conclude on this matter.

Secondly, NOC 1114 doesn't match. I would still stick with these 0111, 4162, 1112. :)

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
What NOC you guys would suggest me on the basis of below mentioned job duties:

Assistant Manager - Risk Management & Compliance (Jan’13 to Jul’15)
 Conducted Operational Risk Management & Compliance surveys of all functional departments.
 Developed and strengthened company’s Compliance Framework with respect to Code of Corporate Governance (CCG), Companies Ordinance (CO), The Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFC) & Notified Entities (NE) Rules & Regulations, Voluntary Pension Scheme (VPS) Rules and Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) circulars.
 Identified issues resulting from Risk & Compliance checks; made recommendations for appropriate actions and documented risk & compliance procedures.
 Conducted quarterly Operational Risk Management Committee meetings.
 Assisted Investment Committee on investments & compliance issues.
 Reviewed quarterly Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) reports.
 Implemented Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).

Analyst Risk Management & Compliance (May’11 to Dec’12)
 Established Risk Management department and functioned alongside Investment department.
 Conducted analytical & statistical analysis to evaluate Market, Credit & Liquid risks for mutual and pension funds on monthly basis. Presented Risk Scorecards to Risk Management Committee on fortnightly basis.
 Led Risk Management Committee Meetings.
 Analyzed and monitored mutual fund’s risk in line with Investment Mandates of the respective funds and reported daily to Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and Fund Managers.
 Presented historical Unit Holding Pattern (Investor Folio Distribution) to CEO & lead management on quarterly basis in Operational Risk Management Committee meetings.
 Developed and implemented Investment Compliance Software (Compliance Module); coordinated among different departments (Fund Management, Investment Research, Accounts & Finance, IT) and software vendor.

Thanks in advance. :)