+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is anyone getting anything out of London?

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
@itstime : My dear why don't you all understand that PAFSO is an assocciation of just 1350 Members who are not directly working under Canadian Govt but were just hired 2 decades ago for the upload of so many applications to be processed.

So even if all these 1350 members of PAFSO go on full strike the visa offices will be active,open and working regulalry.
Yes it will create more back log and load of applications due to the lack of staff but it won't close the visa office.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rock_khan said:
@ itstime : My dear why don't you all understand that PAFSO is an assocciation of just 1350 Members who are not directly working under Canadian Govt but were just hired 2 decades ago for the upload of so many applications to be processed.

So even if all these 1350 members of PAFSO go on full strike the visa offices will be active,open and working regulalry.
Yes it will create more back log and load of applications due to the lack of staff but it won't close the visa office.
London has 15 Pafso officers and starting monday all those PAFSO officers are going on strike. Office might be open but I highly doubt anything will be processed. Not much to misunderstand at all.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
itstime said:
London has 15 Pafso officers and starting monday all those PAFSO officers are going on strike. Office might be open but I highly doubt anything will be processed. Not much to misunderstand at all.
It is also highly likely that any processing that is done will be heavily prioritised in favour of work that brings immediate money into Canada. This would be tourism and international students, not foreign workers or family sponsorship. I am also directly affected by what happens in London. However, I am a realist and understand that unjustified optimism is a two edged sword. Unless rock_khan has insider information that is not in the public domain, I cannot see why pronouncing that "everything is wonderful" is helpful to anyone...

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
It is also highly likely that any processing that is done will be heavily prioritised in favour of work that brings immediate money into Canada. This would be tourism and international students, not foreign workers or family sponsorship. I am also directly affected by what happens in London. However, I am a realist and understand that unjustified optimism is a two edged sword. Unless rock_khan has insider information that is not in the public domain, I cannot see why pronouncing that "everything is wonderful" is helpful to anyone...
How would it be prioritised if there is no staff in the office to deal with it? Canada has already lost an estimated $300 million in revenue due to the strike. Decreased numbers of tourism due to delays in issuing TRVs, international students withdrawing their acceptance and going to universities in other countries, etc.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
itstime said:
How would it be prioritised if there is no staff in the office to deal with it? Canada has already lost an estimated $300 million in revenue due to the strike. Decreased numbers of tourism due to delays in issuing TRVs, international students withdrawing their acceptance and going to universities in other countries, etc.
The PAFSO Facebook page states that there ARE other staff present but it also makes the point that there is likely to be prioritisation. From https://www.facebook.com/pafso.apase
There are other workers in these immigration sections who are not affected by the strike, so in most cases, the sections remain open. However, they have considerable flexibility in how they prioritize their work so you will need to contact them directly re your specific inquiry. PAFSO cannot provide information or advice on behalf of CIC.

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
I don't know if I'm clutching at straws...but I do feel that applications will be processed (although there will be delays)...because logically, there are non-PAFSO officers still working, there are essential PAFSO officers still working, and considering CIC probably saw this situation coming (because it has been going on for so long), there are probably 'some' contingency plans in place so the whole function doesn't shut down...

I don't know if I'm being too optimistic here. :(

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
@rosey1111 : I totally agree with you dear !

shakilm

Jul 24, 2013
Hi Guys

i have applied to a visit visa on 29th of June 2013, travelling on 21st of August, applied online, still waiting for any update. just called VFS global in london and they advised me that if apply through them, will take 7 days as they are not impacted. i wish i knew about that before. now i cant apply through VAC because i have already applied.

i have sent an enquiry email but no response. can any one recomend what else i can do as i will be loosing alot of money as my tickets are non refundable.

shakil

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
@shakilm : As i always say to everyone (PATIENCE IS THE NAME OF THE GAME) !

Soon you will get some info from them and i am sure you will be able to fly as planned on 21st August 2013.

GOOD LUCK !