+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is an open work permit tied to a location?

vishalchan

Jul 28, 2018
Hi,
Please can someone help me with this question -
My spouse and I have B.C PNP ITA and we intend to take it. My future Canadian employer in B.C is also filing for my work permit and an open work permit for my spouse.
Does the open work permit that my spouse receive restricts her to work only in B.C or can she work in any location in Canada for any employer?
Is the Open Work Permit obtained based on an PNP application more restrictive in nature in terms of location?
Thanks in advance,
V

vishalchan

Jul 28, 2018
My spouse's bridging work permit was open but tied to the province.
Thanks for the reply.
Did that prohibited her from working outside of the province? As-in can my spouse reside in Vancouver but travel during the week to places outside of the province within Canada? Will really appreciate if you could shed some light.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply.
Did that prohibited her from working outside of the province? As-in can my spouse reside in Vancouver but travel during the week to places outside of the province within Canada? Will really appreciate if you could shed some light.
If the work permit states a province, yes, she is prohibited from working outside of that province.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/eligibility/open.html#open_employer/occupation

vishalchan

Jul 28, 2018