+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is an MBA considered as a Masters Degree for Express Entry?

smlrch

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I have a BSc in Civil Engineering and also have a Project Management MBA course.
Does the MBA course is considered as a Masters ?

Did anyone received the Masters degree points when applying with a MBA?

Thanks

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smlrch said:
Hey guys,

I have a BSc in Civil Engineering and also have a Project Management MBA course.

Thanks
Well its called a Masters of Business Administration, so why would it not be a masters? As long as its a reasonable length.

Lotus_01

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smlrch said:
Hey guys,

Thanks
Unless otherwise the above degrees are obtained from Canada, you have to get your educational credentials assessed with one of the IRCC designated organisations to find what is your degree equivalent in Canada. Many factors are considered in the evaluation such as length of the program, your institution status and so on, to arrive at an equivalency, so get your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from one of them corresponding to your field of education.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

Based on your ECA report, you can decide your educational qualification and corresponding points.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Good luck :)

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smlrch said:
Hey guys,

Thanks
YES, if recognized by the evaluation agency. WES recognized my wife degree to be masters.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malican said:
My MBA was recognized by WES. It was for 1 year.
My MBA was 2 years, four semesters. It was recognized as Canadian Master degree equivalent.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
It sounds like you did a Project Management elective along with your course. This is unlikely to qualify as a Masters, even if the PM course was a Masters level course. I find it hard to believe that a four month course would count, but hey, what do I know?

The only way to know for sure is to send your degree for validation.

May 11, 2016
But there are some mba courses out there which we can complete in less than 1 year especially with some universities in uk.If those mba will be regarded equivalent to canada masters

malican

May 24, 2016
Mine was 12 modules and I did it over 12 months and it is equivalent to a Canadian Masters. No breaks in between. So it is quite possible that an MBA of less than one year will be regarded as equivalent. The only way is to get an ECA done.

May 11, 2016
My Crs score is 426.Is there any graduate certificate/diploma/masters which I can complete in less than 1 year in order to gain points.I already have 4 years b.tech degree

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
I have 2 masters but in different major one is in economics and the other is MBA (3 years) HR totalling 19 years education how wuld i be assessed?? what points could i get for education?? which agency shud i adopt for ECS?? i ve chosen IQAS?? is that fine?? plz advise

Huma Ahmad

Mar 11, 2022
Hi, First I did 2 years B.com. Then I did 2 years Master of Business Studies(MBS) from Virtual University and then did 2 years Master of Administration (Equiv. to MS) from same university. Will my MBA(Equiv. to MS) still be considered a graduate degree?