+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Amity's distance learning PGDM recognized by WES

rjch

Oct 24, 2019
Hi All,

I've completed my 4 years in CS engineering with 4 years of experience in IT. While planning for immigration to CA, I got a IELTS CLB10 and also completed a 1 year PGDMS from Amity Noida's Online program. Having these numbers, my CIC score stands somewhere around 470. Recently while looking for ECA, I read some posts where people reported that Amity is not recognized by WES. Has anyone got ECA for Amity's degree from WES? Is amity's recognized?

Thanks,
Rajat

amanverma91

Jun 30, 2020
Hi All,

I've completed my 4 years in CS engineering with 4 years of experience in IT. While planning for immigration to CA, I got a IELTS CLB10 and also completed a 1 year PGDMS from Amity Noida's Online program. Having these numbers, my CIC score stands somewhere around 470. Recently while looking for ECA, I read some posts where people reported that Amity is not recognized by WES. Has anyone got ECA for Amity's degree from WES? Is amity's recognized?

Thanks,
Rajat
Hey did you get your eca done yet ?

rjch

Oct 24, 2019
Hey did you get your eca done yet ?
Yes. I had applied for eca from wes sometime in November and I got my ECA report from wes in February 2020.

It recognized my 1 year online PDGM from Amity Directorate of Distance Learning equivalent to 1 year diploma in Canada.

Reactions: Manoj Dhiman

amanverma91

Jun 30, 2020
Hey yhanks for the promt reply, I was going to apply for MBA ( amity online ). I am confused as they have like two website . One being amity online and the other amity ddoe ( ADDOE )
Are they both different or just ADDOE transitioned to amity online.
If you have any clue.

Did the degree + diploma give any extra points ?
Thanks.

rjch

Oct 24, 2019
Hey yhanks for the promt reply, I was going to apply for MBA ( amity online ). I am confused as they have like two website . One being amity online and the other amity ddoe ( ADDOE )
Are they both different or just ADDOE transitioned to amity online.
If you have any clue.

Did the degree + diploma give any extra points ?
Thanks.
Not an issue. I understand the frustration for gaining more points.
I’m not sure about MBA being recognized or not. You can confirm your institute name from your councilor who’ll be handling your admission (if you take in).

For the points, I already have an undergrad degree so I did a post graduate diploma and claimed points under “Two or more degree or diploma” which is obviously more than a single degree could get me but slightly less than a masters

amanverma91

Jun 30, 2020
I’m not sure about MBA being recognized or not. You can confirm your institute name from your councilor who’ll be handling your admission (if you take in).

For the points, I already have an undergrad degree so I did a post graduate diploma and claimed points under “Two or more degree or diploma” which is obviously more than a single degree could get me but slightly less than a masters
The amity online website states that MBA online is UGC approved degree.
So are the PGDM courses they offer.

I'll call the institute and clear the confusion.
Thanks a lot though !

Good luck on your journey !

Sarah95

Sep 14, 2020

Hi. Firstly, congratulations on the ECA of your PGDM!

Second, to be brief, I have a Bcom from addoe.. I have come across numerous posts about amity online (distance education) not being recognised by wes and am contemplating going for IQAS evaluation. Unfortunately due to covid i hear it takes another 6 to 8 months. Can you suggest if I should go for WES? I am extremely worried that I could get a negative evaluation. In fact, yours is the first positive post I came across after digging in for hours.

Third, on wes, I am able to find both "Amity Uttarpradesh" & "Amity school of distance learning" which one should i choose? I just passed out and I believe the certificates would say "amity UP" as per the sample in addoe website. Hence the confusion. Can you tell me what did you pick please :)

Parvin Kumar

Oct 26, 2020

Second, to be brief, I have a Bcom from addoe.. I have come across numerous posts about amity online (distance education) not being recognised by wes and am contemplating going for IQAS evaluation. Unfortunately due to covid i hear it takes another 6 to 8 months. Can you suggest if I should go for WES? I am extremely worried that I could get a negative evaluation. In fact, yours is the first positive post I came across after digging in for hours.

Third, on wes, I am able to find both "Amity Uttarpradesh" & "Amity school of distance learning" which one should i choose? I just passed out and I believe the certificates would say "amity UP" as per the sample in addoe website. Hence the confusion. Can you tell me what did you pick please :)
Hi , Did you apply for evaluation at WES or IQAS? if yes, could you please let me know if Amity online degree PGDM is recognised or not?

amanverma91

Jun 30, 2020
Hi , Did you apply for evaluation at WES or IQAS? if yes, could you please let me know if Amity online degree PGDM is recognised or not?
It is recognised. You can go for it. You will get points. Degrees are UGC approved amity is probably the first online degree provider approved by UGC.

rjch

Oct 24, 2019

Hey Sarah95,

Firstly thanks for the well wishes!

Secondly, I understand your worries because I had gone through the same before, during and even after completion of my pgdm. Finally after searching several sites and even after the negative responses still I decided to go for WES with the same uncertainty because I couldn’t afford any more delay. I was ready to apply for IQAS in case WES wouldn’t evaluate addoe diploma.
I’d suggest you to go for WES only if you can again spend the money for new evaluation from IQAS or any other known organization in case WES doesn’t gives you what you want.

Lastly, I had called up amity’s students Helpdesk (got contact from the amity login dashboard or google idk) and they explicitly told me to choose AMITY Uttar Pradesh since my institute was ADDOE AMITY UP. I’d suggest you do the same and get a confirmation but make sure your application has the same university name as in the degree.

Best of luck!

Reactions: aqibkhan648

aqibkhan648

Nov 17, 2020
Hi rjch,

Is it possible for you to share the screenshot of the WES report you got for the ECA of the Post graduate diploma from Amity University Online Education.

I'm planning to pursue a course from there in Human Resource management from Amity online. Just wanted to see the eligibility of the same.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards.

Sarah95

Sep 14, 2020
Hey Sarah95,

Firstly thanks for the well wishes!

Secondly, I understand your worries because I had gone through the same before, during and even after completion of my pgdm. Finally after searching several sites and even after the negative responses still I decided to go for WES with the same uncertainty because I couldn’t afford any more delay. I was ready to apply for IQAS in case WES wouldn’t evaluate addoe diploma.
I’d suggest you to go for WES only if you can again spend the money for new evaluation from IQAS or any other known organization in case WES doesn’t gives you what you want.

Lastly, I had called up amity’s students Helpdesk (got contact from the amity login dashboard or google idk) and they explicitly told me to choose AMITY Uttar Pradesh since my institute was ADDOE AMITY UP. I’d suggest you do the same and get a confirmation but make sure your application has the same university name as in the degree.

Best of luck!
Hey! Thank you for your reply. I just noticed it right now when I was googling on this topic again lol.
Yes you are absolutely correct. There is so much info on the negative response on this subject. However I decided to go with WES irrespective of it, for the same reason - lack of time. I have almost mentally prepared to get a bad feedback from wes... But your reply gives me hope :)
Oh yes! I definitely chose Amity University Uttarpradesh (matches with provisional certificate) and not School of Distance Learning, though it sounds obvious. Amity has sent their transcript exactly 9 days ago, and fingers crossed everything works well.
Btw I really appreciate you getting back on this! Good luck on your Canadian endeavours! See you on the other side x

Sarah95

Sep 14, 2020
hello @rjch / @Sarah95 ,please update : 1. which course you did from Amity distance learning (paste the URL ) ? 2. Was it recognized by WES you got your reports??
Hi. Mine was an undergrad course - Bachelor of Commerce. Cannot vouch for other courses but this one was evaluated positively by WES. I could be mistaken but my understanding is that WES evaluation for Amity varies from course to course. In case you're contemplating, I'd say go for it. It is pretty straightforward. Good luck

Jan 2, 2021
hello @Sarah95 / all,

I am already having a full time B.tech from MDU,so want to increase my points by doing a diploma .

I am having 3 options as of now :

1. go for a One year distance diploma course from NMIMS which will cost around 50K.

2. go for one year distance Post graduation diploma course in Business Management from Amity Univ which will cost may be around 1.2L

3. Go for One year Post graduation diploma course in Software Development from Upgrad (they will provide IIIT-B degree) which will cost from 2.25 L .

not sure of 1st or 2nd but I have heard from friends that 3rd will for sure be evaluated by WES as One year Postgraduate diploma .
wanted to know more about point 1/2 as it will help to save good amount of money.

please comment if someone got successfully evaluated by WES in point 1 or 2 and scored extra points for two degree??