+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is administrative responsibility a reason for rejection?

Caliban

Dec 12, 2015
4 years back I had an administrative (not criminal) responsibility (minor theft). Now I'm filing my immigration docs.
Does (and can?) Canada check up this kind of responsibility at all? My criminal record is clean.
I also clicked "no" to statutory question "Have you ever been arrested?". Is it misrep?

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Get PCC from the country in which that incident happened and if it says you are clean then why would CIC have any issues ?

Caliban

Dec 12, 2015
DigitalDestiny said:
Get PCC from the country in which that incident happened and if it says you are clean then why would CIC have any issues ?
There is a distinction between criminal and administrative offence. What I did was no criminal offence (hence the clean PCC), but it was administrative liability. I wonder if CIC cares about it.

Also, I was detained and as punishment for my admin. wrongdoing I was assigned administrative arrest (had to serve 1 day). So I guess I should have chosen "Yes" to "Have you ever been arrested"?

Oct 26, 2016
Caliban said:
There is a distinction between criminal and administrative offence. What I did was no criminal offence (hence the clean PCC), but it was administrative liability. I wonder if CIC cares about it.

Also, I was detained and as punishment for my admin. wrongdoing I was assigned administrative arrest (had to serve 1 day). So I guess I should have chosen "Yes" to "Have you ever been arrested"?
did you received your pr ?