+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a US ACCSC Accredition a bad thing?

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
Hi,

I had completed a 2 year diploma from an institution in the US that is ACCSC Accredited. I sent the documents and transcripts to WES for ECA evaluation but in the ECA report, in front of the evaluation it says - "Diploma (two years) from a non-recognized institution". And Remarks are - "Only institutions accredited by one of the six regional accrediting agencies in the United States are regarded by WES as recognized in Canada."

Currently the ACCSC provides accreditation to 789 schools. It seems weird that such a huge body isn't recognized in Canada.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation?

uditkumar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi,

I had completed a 2 year diploma from an institution in the US that is ACCSC Accredited. I sent the documents and transcripts to WES for ECA evaluation but in the ECA report, in front of the evaluation it says - "Diploma (two years) from a non-recognized institution". And Remarks are - "Only institutions accredited by one of the six regional accrediting agencies in the United States are regarded by WES as recognized in Canada."

Currently the ACCSC provides accreditation to 789 schools. It seems weird that such a huge body isn't recognized in Canada.

so did you get any update on this ? did you use this wes ece for EE?

uditkumar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
I used WES yes. Apparently the 2 year diploma did get counted when they calculated my points so I guess it worked out. Still weird though that WES wouldn't fully recognize my school.
So did you get your ITA yet?I have put in the details of my WES report too and claimed points

Maty360414

Jul 18, 2019
Hi,

any updates?