+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is a ticket required

Lele450

Dec 2, 2018
I would like my mom to visit me in Canada where I will be studying. She then decided to apply for her Canadian visa, and one of the document that they asked her to show was Purpose of travel which includes showing documents such as a flight ticket departing Canada or a travel itinerary. Does this mean she needs to purchase a ticket before getting a visa. I already write her a letter of invitation stating she will be staying with me in my suite while she is here and the length of her time in Canada which is two weeks. Is there something else I can show instead of a ticket. what should I do?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I would like my mom to visit me in Canada where I will be studying. She then decided to apply for her Canadian visa, and one of the document that they asked her to show was Purpose of travel which includes showing documents such as a flight ticket departing Canada or a travel itinerary. Does this mean she needs to purchase a ticket before getting a visa. I already write her a letter of invitation stating she will be staying with me in my suite while she is here and the length of her time in Canada which is two weeks. Is there something else I can show instead of a ticket. what should I do?
Flight itineraries or tickets not paid for. A travel agent in your mom's country will be able to provide these tickets

Lele450

Dec 2, 2018
Can the airline do it or on the travel agency because when I asked the airline they said they can’t do that

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can the airline do it or on the travel agency because when I asked the airline they said they can’t do that
Do speak with a travel agent or else search for websites that allow you to hold tickets for up to 24 hours without paying

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna We can upload travel tickets that expire after 24 hours? Do they not check the booking ID to see if it's valid or not?
Yes, you can upload these tickets. TRV decisions are often given well after the intended visit dates have passed.

One reason for such tickets is for the visa officer to see the approx. flight costs to determine if the applicant can afford the overall visit

Salma94

Nov 15, 2018
Yes, you can upload these tickets. TRV decisions are often given well after the intended visit dates have passed.

One reason for such tickets is for the visa officer to see the approx. flight costs to determine if the applicant can afford the overall visit
I see. What if we're applying these days for the summer? I don't think they would take that long to process the visa application right? So if they check the application and find an unconfirmed ticket for the summer, is that not suspicious to them?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I see. What if we're applying these days for the summer? I don't think they would take that long to process the visa application right? So if they check the application and find an unconfirmed ticket for the summer, is that not suspicious to them?
You're applying too early. Do check the visa processing time for your local visa office + factor in a few extra weeks/maybe a month. That should be the date you would send in your application.

If you're from a high-risk country or you don't have permanent immigration status in your country of residence then factor in another 2-3 months minimum for possible background checks.

Again, tickets are not required + don't guarantee visas. IRCC is not interested in those tickets. Flight itineraries/unpaid tickets are submitted only to give an idea about the fare costs and whether or not the applicant can afford to buy plane tickets

Salma94

Nov 15, 2018
You're applying too early. Do check the visa processing time for your local visa office + factor in a few extra weeks/maybe a month. That should be the date you would send in your application.

If you're from a high-risk country or you don't have permanent immigration status in your country of residence then factor in another 2-3 months minimum for possible background checks.

Again, tickets are not required + don't guarantee visas. IRCC is not interested in those tickets. Flight itineraries/unpaid tickets are submitted only to give an idea about the fare costs and whether or not the applicant can afford to buy plane tickets
@Bryanna Thanks so much for your answer. Another thing I would like to ask is it required to travel to canada on the same dates you put in your visa app if you get approved or can you travel later than indicated?