+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a PGWP from Quebec eligible for the entire country?

SharminK29

Sep 24, 2017
I'm applying to McGill University, in Quebec. After graduating, I plan to work outside of Quebec, since I don't know French, and getting a PR would be hence, difficult. So, with the PGWP that I get, will I be eligible to work outside Quebec, say, in Ontario?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can be nominated by Quebec even if you do not speak French. But you have to meet the points criteria (which is harder without French).

As for the previous work experience for EE. There is no restriction that they must be outside Quebec to be recognized as Canadian work experience.

The only part where Quebec is excluded is your future intention to live.
Which again is something very vague as situation might change after landing and with PR you are free to live anywhere.

R

rish888

Graduates of a Quebec university who can demonstrate "advanced oral French skills" (B2 level, 16/25 DELF score) may apply for a CSQ. Having a Quebec degree and knowing French are the only two conditions.

With a CSQ you can apply to the Federal government for PR. (Which you'll get as long as you pass the medicals/background check.)

This program (called the PEQ- Quebec graduate) will get you PR within around 1 year of graduating.

Other programs like EE (Federal, no French requirement) require one year work experience and 6 months min processing, which means around two years after graduation until you get PR.

Your PGWP is Canada-wide.