+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) Required AFTER AOR?

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
When i received my ITA and AOR, I was still in Toronto, Ontario.

After my AOR, i left on vacation to Dubai, U.A.E on a Visit visa. I visited dubai for 2 weeks in 2013. 1-2 months in 2014. 2 weeks in 2016. Total stay between 2-3 months, all those visits were on a visit visa so at the time of my PR, i did not need a PCC.

However, since March i came to Dubai again on a visit visa expecting to stay here under 90d (Visa duration) but I'm stuck here. The situation in India is significantly worse so it doesn't make sense to travel there when I'm safe in Dubai.

However at this point, I've almost been in Dubai for 4 months, making my combined time spent here in the last decade over 6 months. Would i need to obtain a PCC now even though I've only been here as a visitor? I tried to call IRCC today but wasn't able to get through.

1) Would i need a Dubai/UAE PCC even if i was here on a visit visa spread out over a few years?
2) Do i need to update my PR Profile to show i'm no longer "Residing" in Canada? I'm still paying rent, insurance, car payments, etc. for all my Canadian things and my mailing address etc. is still in Canada since i'm not a UAE Resident.

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
When i received my ITA and AOR, I was still in Toronto, Ontario.

After my AOR, i left on vacation to Dubai, U.A.E on a Visit visa. I visited dubai for 2 weeks in 2013. 1-2 months in 2014. 2 weeks in 2016. Total stay between 2-3 months, all those visits were on a visit visa so at the time of my PR, i did not need a PCC.

However, since March i came to Dubai again on a visit visa expecting to stay here under 90d (Visa duration) but I'm stuck here. The situation in India is significantly worse so it doesn't make sense to travel there when I'm safe in Dubai.

However at this point, I've almost been in Dubai for 4 months, making my combined time spent here in the last decade over 6 months. Would i need to obtain a PCC now even though I've only been here as a visitor? I tried to call IRCC today but wasn't able to get through.

1) Would i need a Dubai/UAE PCC even if i was here on a visit visa spread out over a few years?
2) Do i need to update my PR Profile to show i'm no longer "Residing" in Canada? I'm still paying rent, insurance, car payments, etc. for all my Canadian things and my mailing address etc. is still in Canada since i'm not a UAE Resident.
As you said you are not a resident of UAE then you don’t need to apply for UAE PCC. only the resident of UAE can apply for that also if you lived there less than a six months you don’t have to worry about the PCC.

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
As you said you are not a resident of UAE then you don’t need to apply for UAE PCC. only the resident of UAE can apply for that also if you lived there less than a six months you don’t have to worry about the PCC.
I am currently "living" here (At a hotel). But i am on a visit visa. It has been almost 4 months constant during this visit to the UAE.

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Okay, i found the answer to my own Question on the IRCC website.

• every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
Okay, i found the answer to my own Question on the IRCC website.

• every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
Good to know that....