+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a non criminal traffic violation an issue when applying for PR

Bazzer

Apr 8, 2013
Hi,

I am currently living in Canada under the LMO program. I am in the process of applying for PR. Recently I was pulled over by the police for having an expired sticker on my licience plate and i also had lost my car registration/ownership. They gave me a court date to go in and plead my case and pay a fine.

What I want to know is if there will be any issue with my application for PR if I am convicted of Highway/Traffic offence. I asked the officer that stopped me and she told me it was not a criminal charge.

Thanks

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bazzer said:
Hi,

I am currently living in Canada under the LMO program. I am in the process of applying for PR. Recently I was pulled over by the police for having an expired sticker on my licience plate and i also had lost my car registration/ownership. They gave me a court date to go in and plead my case and pay a fine.

What I want to know is if there will be any issue with my application for PR if I am convicted of Highway/Traffic offence. I asked the officer that stopped me and she told me it was not a criminal charge.

Thanks
As long as its not criminal you are fine.