+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a gift deed necessary in the following case?

theshred

Jan 27, 2020
I have a joint account with my parents from which we transferred money to an account which is only in my name.

I will declare statements for both accounts. While the transfer is less than a week old, and the account that gifted me the sum is in the name of me and both my parents, do I still need to have them sign a gift deed?

Or is a self-declaration with the details of the transaction enough?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
I have a joint account with my parents from which we transferred money to an account which is only in my name.

I will declare statements for both accounts. While the transfer is less than a week old, and the account that gifted me the sum is in the name of me and both my parents, do I still need to have them sign a gift deed?

Or is a self-declaration with the details of the transaction enough?
Just compare the cost of a deed and a rejection. You have your answer.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
I agree with you about doing it to be on the safe side.

I still have to get it done then translated which I was trying not to do. But if it's safer I'll do it.
What country are you from? Mostly everywhere you could get a English typist and notary.

theshred

Jan 27, 2020
What country are you from? Mostly everywhere you could get a English typist and notary.
I'm from Lebanon. The notary said that he isn't authorized to notarize a document in a foreign language.

Do you have any idea who else can be witness? A lawyer maybe?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
I'm from Lebanon. The notary said that he isn't authorized to notarize a document in a foreign language.

Do you have any idea who else can be witness? A lawyer maybe?
IF you cannot find an English language typist, get a gift deed and get it word to word translated to English.