+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a 2-semester Graduate Certificate eligible for OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student stream?

itsjustme321

Sep 22, 2021
Hi, question for OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student stream.
I have an Ontario College Graduate Certificate, which is 1 year long. My course duration was full-time, 2 semesters (period of 8 months). However, my transcript and course details mention that it is a 1-year program. I received a 1-year PGWP as well.
Does this count under the eligibility requirement: "a college graduate certificate that takes at least one year to complete if pursued on a fully-time basis from an eligible Ontario institution"?
Will I be eligible to apply for the OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student stream, given that the employer meets the eligibility criteria?

pimpsquek

Feb 4, 2015
Hi, question for OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student stream.
I have an Ontario College Graduate Certificate, which is 1 year long. My course duration was full-time, 2 semesters (period of 8 months). However, my transcript and course details mention that it is a 1-year program. I received a 1-year PGWP as well.
Does this count under the eligibility requirement: "a college graduate certificate that takes at least one year to complete if pursued on a fully-time basis from an eligible Ontario institution"?
Will I be eligible to apply for the OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student stream, given that the employer meets the eligibility criteria?
To confirm it again, yes you qualified for OINP International Student Stream. OINP change the requirements starting January 1, 2024 and they have allowed 1 year programs (certificate or graduate certificate)
  • a college graduate certificate that takes at least one year to complete if pursued on a fully-time basis from an eligible Ontario institution
But mind you that is only applicable within 2 years after you graduate. Ex. if you are applying this year 2024, you should have at least graduate 2022 onwards. If you graduated in 2021 it will not be applicable for this stream.