+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is 90 days automatically added for COVID reason to submit PR application?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
As per this, IRCC would have added additional 30 days from initial 60 days submission period after receiving ITA.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

My express entry profile is showing "Days left to Submission" = 43 days . Does it mean I have still 43 days to submit the PR application?
You've clearly misunderstood.
The 90 days it refers to is for submitting any documents you are asked for (such as police certificate, biometrics, etc) after your application has been submitted and is already being processed.

It does not have anything to do with the time you have to submit the application.

However, if you cant gather all the documents to submit your application you should still do it b6 the deadline because no application will he refused due to missing documents, you should upload a letter explaining why you couldn't get it instead and then submit it as soon as possible.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
You usually have 60 days to submit your documents after receiving ITA; however, people are getting 90 days recently which is probably due to the pandemic. As per the link you have provided, they are talking about biometrics request which has been extended to 90 days from 30 days. This is also because of the pandemic as Service Canada offices are closed at the moment.

travel2Canada

Jan 8, 2018
You've clearly misunderstood.
The 90 days it refers to is for submitting any documents you are asked for (such as police certificate, biometrics, etc) after your application has been submitted and is already being processed.

It does not have anything to do with the time you have to submit the application.

However, if you cant gather all the documents to submit your application you should still do it b6 the deadline because no application will he refused due to missing documents, you should upload a letter explaining why you couldn't get it instead and then submit it as soon as possible.
Thanks for the answer, However, I am of the opinion that I will still have 30 days of grace period after 60 days of time limit. My intention is to get all necessary documents soon and apply within 90 days, Otherwise why wouldn't they add 30 days automatically now, even before I submit the application. I have raised questions using webforum to IRCC, awaiting their response.

travel2Canada

Jan 8, 2018
You usually have 60 days to submit your documents after receiving ITA; however, people are getting 90 days recently which is probably due to the pandemic. As per the link you have provided, they are talking about biometrics request which has been extended to 90 days from 30 days. This is also because of the pandemic as Service Canada offices are closed at the moment.
Thanks for your answer. Are you aware anybody crossing 60 days of time period and applying after 60 days?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks for the answer, However, I am of the opinion that I will still have 30 days of grace period after 60 days of time limit. My intention is to get all necessary documents soon and apply within 90 days, Otherwise why wouldn't they add 30 days automatically now, even before I submit the application. I have raised questions using webforum to IRCC, awaiting their response.
There is no such thing, if you go beyond the 60 days your offer will expire.
They said, however, no applications will be denied for missing documentation. You can submit a letter of explanation instead and complete the documentation once you get them.
It is very clear that the 60-day extension to 90 days refers to documents requested by IRCC while your application is being processed (such as police certificates, biometrics).
I do not know why you would assume that your 60 day period for submitting your application is also automatically extended 90 days if there is no such announcement from IRCC.
But hey, your loss not mine.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Thanks for your answer. Are you aware anybody crossing 60 days of time period and applying after 60 days?
I am not sure about your case. I received my ITA last Thursday and I was given 90 days automatically. Some members who received their ITAs on the 23rd of March reported the same. If you see 60 days instead of 90 days, it's better to submit an application with a letter of explanation.

travel2Canada

Jan 8, 2018
I am not sure about your case. I received my ITA last Thursday and I was given 90 days automatically. Some members who received their ITAs on the 23rd of March reported the same. If you see 60 days instead of 90 days, it's better to submit an application with a letter of explanation.
Ok thanks , I will think over it

travel2Canada

Jan 8, 2018
They said, however, no applications will be denied for missing documentation. You can submit a letter of explanation instead and complete the documentation once you get them.
It is very clear that the 60-day extension to 90 days refers to documents requested by IRCC while your application is being processed (such as police certificates, biometrics).
I do not know why you would assume that your 60 day period for submitting your application is also automatically extended 90 days if there is no such announcement from IRCC.
I got your point, I will try to submit within 60 days with an letter of explanation

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I got my AOR on 8th April. When can I expect my biometrics?? Any idea? Also am aware of service canada closure. So how to proceed? I also submitted my PCC and medicals.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I got my AOR on 8th April. When can I expect my biometrics?? Any idea? Also am aware of service canada closure. So how to proceed? I also submitted my PCC and medicals.
It's hard to say. Even if you get a biometrics request, you will have 90 days to do it. You don't have anything to worry about at this point.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Several months into your application. This6is usually one of the last steps and they usually requests biometrics when your application is ready to be approved. Applications now are expected to take longer so you can easily be looking at around the last trimester of the year.
Nonetheless, this is impossible to predict and all you have to do is wait and check your account regularly.

Cheers

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Several months into your application. This6is usually one of the last steps and they usually requests biometrics when your application is ready to be approved. Applications now are expected to take longer so you can easily be looking at around the last trimester of the year.
Nonetheless, this is impossible to predict and all you have to do is wait and check your account regularly.

Cheers
Sure!! Thank you.Have a good one

JK2020

May 4, 2020

So after 60 days your application wont expire ?

Mine is on today and as per the main page its shows i have 30 days ( including today) to submit or complete the profile.