+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is 461 score enough in 2020? Or should I do something more

M.alsh

Nov 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

So I have a CRS score of 461 until Nov of this year. But as you all know the cut-off score has been well above that since Oct of last year.

Also, looking into the trend in 2019, I see it quite unlikely that it will go down to my 461, unless the draws start inviting 4000+ candidates which also isn't likely.

The only in reach thing I can do to increase my score (putting aside getting a provisional nomination or a job offer) is taking the IELTS for the #th time and try to get the 6 more points that's out there...that's as many more as I can get.

In short, do you agree that's it is extremely unlikely that the cut-off score will go down to 461 and thus I have to increase the fortune spent on IELTS? Or do you think I should just wait and it is very likely I will be invited?

Thank you.

Zigzag13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
If you look at the numbers, there around 16k people who have more than 450 score. Now last few draws had a cutoff of more than 465, it’s safe to assume that many of the people waiting in line have more than 460 score.
Even if they start doing 4000, the new applicants are applying with better ielts and education creds. I will not be surprised if the crs score stays above 465 for the entire 2020.
I would suggest you to try to improve your score to 465+. You are very close already.

reddermorel

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
T

What would you say is enough? 464? 467?
Defo try and get your score up to 465+. 461 might be enough but not for a while, and you can use this time to improve your chances. You don't have anything to lose by redoing IELTS and getting to CLB10. You should also put in your EE application, you could also get lucky with a PNP nomination.

467 is a good score to have.

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I am almost in the same boat with 462 until the end of this month when my score will drop to 456...
I have recently retaken the IELTS exam in order to get 3 more points but I have scored less as I messed it up in reading and writing; so retaking IELTS does not guarantee that you get more points. Not mentioning that it is an expensive exam.

Personally my new strategy is learning French and nailing at least 5-10 points through that. If it does not work either, then I will give up the plan towards Canada, because with 456 nowadays it is not possible.

However, do not lose hope. As you can see in the previous rounds last year, the points dropped and increased and now the trend is high. In case there are frequent draws, we may see points drop to 450s.

In a nutshell, consider taking the French path..

Zigzag13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
I am almost in the same boat with 462 until the end of this month when my score will drop to 456...
I have recently retaken the IELTS exam in order to get 3 more points but I have scored less as I messed it up in reading and writing; so retaking IELTS does not guarantee that you get more points. Not mentioning that it is an expensive exam.

Personally my new strategy is learning French and nailing at least 5-10 points through that. If it does not work either, then I will give up the plan towards Canada, because with 456 nowadays it is not possible.

However, do not lose hope. As you can see in the previous rounds last year, the points dropped and increased and now the trend is high. In case there are frequent draws, we may see points drop to 450s.

In a nutshell, consider taking the French path..
Ya try to get up to 465 or above. With the current trends 450s will not stand a chance.
Or apply for student visa their, or get a Canadian job offer. Don’t give up you can try pnp

M.alsh

Nov 16, 2019
Defo try and get your score up to 465+. 461 might be enough but not for a while, and you can use this time to improve your chances. You don't have anything to lose by redoing IELTS and getting to CLB10. You should also put in your EE application, you could also get lucky with a PNP nomination.

467 is a good score to have.
The loss is potentially in the $...not by doing it once but could be for doing it more than once...already lost a good amount and no
Ya try to get up to 465 or above. With the current trends 450s will not stand a chance.
Or apply for student visa their, or get a Canadian job offer. Don’t give up you can try pnp
With today's draw, I am really thinking it is very unlikely that I will get an invitation ever even with a 467 score.

Excuse my naive question, but is there any provisinal program through which I could get a PNP nomination without a job offer? I am not a graduate of any Canadian school just fyi and have no relatives there.

Based on my profile and interests, I am after Ontario, British Columbia, or Alberta. But if that's not possible then I am willing to go after others.

If you have any useful threads I can educate myself through I would appreciate sharing them. The provinces' website are not always fully clear to me at least.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone,

So I have a CRS score of 461 until Nov of this year. But as you all know the cut-off score has been well above that since Oct of last year.

Also, looking into the trend in 2019, I see it quite unlikely that it will go down to my 461, unless the draws start inviting 4000+ candidates which also isn't likely.

The only in reach thing I can do to increase my score (putting aside getting a provisional nomination or a job offer) is taking the IELTS for the #th time and try to get the 6 more points that's out there...that's as many more as I can get.

In short, do you agree that's it is extremely unlikely that the cut-off score will go down to 461 and thus I have to increase the fortune spent on IELTS? Or do you think I should just wait and it is very likely I will be invited?

Thank you.
nothing is enough because till the draw happens, you won't know, which means you are waiting for something (luck in this case) to favor you. Push IELTS to the max. If that's not enough, learn FR. Trust me, Canadian PR is still relatively easy, hence the long queues. It's only getting worse especially if you look at the last six months.

Zigzag13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
The loss is potentially in the $...not by doing it once but could be for doing it more than once...already lost a good amount and no

With today's draw, I am really thinking it is very unlikely that I will get an invitation ever even with a 467 score.

Excuse my naive question, but is there any provisinal program through which I could get a PNP nomination without a job offer? I am not a graduate of any Canadian school just fyi and have no relatives there.

Based on my profile and interests, I am after Ontario, British Columbia, or Alberta. But if that's not possible then I am willing to go after others.

If you have any useful threads I can educate myself through I would appreciate sharing them. The provinces' website are not always fully clear to me at least.
Sorry man I not aware any threads discussing pnp. But I know that job offer is not mandatory for pnp.
Also just looked at the recent draw, man it’s getting intense. 473!! Also the number of people in 451-600 range changed from 16k to 18.5k.
Too many people are applying, increased volume of applicants with higher ielts and edu creds from all over the world is raising the crs score higher and higher!
there was a time when 461 was guaranteed ita lol time has changed! I had 471 when I applied even that is not enough now and that was the highest I could get without job offer.

I wish you good luck brother, hope you figure out a way to bump up ur crs