+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is 1 Year Gap or Not?

Lize

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
I have been studying 1 year my bachelor , but now i was accepted in a Canadian university , and of course I prefer to study there.

What documents I need to send , or I don't need to send anything at all?

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
why are you asking.....? i don't understand.... nd 1 year gap is not a gap consider.

guri dhillon

Apr 11, 2012
jalandhar,punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
pre-med ~ 16th feb 2012 med furthrance ~ 16/03/2012 med compltd ~ 17/03/2012 second medical furthrance ~ 20/04/2012 second med compltd ~ 3/05/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
sent
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
Flying on 31-07-2012
Lize said:
I have been studying 1 year my bachelor , but now i was accepted in a Canadian university , and of course I prefer to study there.

What documents I need to send , or I don't need to send anything at all?
hi
1 yr gap is accpeted so dont need to be worry and you should not include your incomplete study bcoz visa officier may think if a person is not completing his or her study in there home country how a student can complete or show interst in studies in other country...its my point of view...

Lize

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
thank you for the answers, I don't think I'm the only one in this situation, because it's almost impossible to go abroad right after completing your 12. due all the paperwork required , age limits , etc.

waqargondal11

Jul 22, 2011
I have also 1 year gap .. ihave done fsc in 2011... now im gonna apply for jan intake 2013..... my gap is also same as Lize .... My question is , wht should i show to Vo that what was i doin in this 1 year gap .... As above amy member said , " dont show Vo that u were doing ur study here now u leaving it for the sake of going abroad"... kindly guide on it ..plzzz

H

HBK

Lize said:
thank you for the answers, I don't think I'm the only one in this situation, because it's almost impossible to go abroad right after completing your 12. due all the paperwork required , age limits , etc.
HI,
Impossible itself says I M POSSIBLE.
Your gap doesn't matter as far as your course selection is perfect,specially for those who opted degree courses in university.
Canada always welcomes genuine students.
And your course selection proves how serious you are for your study.
one year gap is not a big issue, simply you can explain you were waiting for opportunity.what else?

yes gap matters for low profile courses i.e diploma and certificate.

NEVER GIVES UP

guri dhillon

Apr 11, 2012
jalandhar,punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
pre-med ~ 16th feb 2012 med furthrance ~ 16/03/2012 med compltd ~ 17/03/2012 second medical furthrance ~ 20/04/2012 second med compltd ~ 3/05/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
sent
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
Flying on 31-07-2012
Lize said:
hi
as ashok said you are going to study in canadian university for bachlor it automatically show that you are genuine student who wish to study there seriously and as i perivouslly said dont worry go and file visa application bcoz one year gap is accpeted even I saw many student having two years gap got visa.

waqargondal11

Jul 22, 2011
Guyz , should v mention in SOP about our 1 year gap . ??? I mean , should v mention that v were studying here or anything else .. ??? wwhat should v mention about our 1 year gap ....plzzz

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waqargondal11 said:
Guyz , should v mention in SOP about our 1 year gap . ??? I mean , should v mention that v were studying here or anything else .. ??? wwhat should v mention about our 1 year gap ....plzzz
hi,
One year gap is not a gap considered and no need to mention in SOP that where were you in gap year. bcoz everybody know one year is required for visa processing for example you did your exam may 2011, then you got result card after 3 to 4 month in august and then you are eligible for apply in any further college so then you will apply and for admission in college and visa processing time is definitely required 3,4 month so it mean one year gap is not a gap.

Lize

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
Thank you for everything , I think my only option is to put my year of university in the study permit application , otherwise I could be banned for 2 years due misrepresentation of information. I will add a letter from the university , and hopefully it will work.

Now Do you think It would be a good idea to add some kind of explanation , saying that I was enrolled in that university because I was waiting for the opportunity and didn't want to do nothing in that waiting period. Also In that year I prepare and took all the required exams , arrange documentation , etc.