+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Irish couples looking to prove living situation-Express Entry-Common Law

Trev87

Mar 18, 2016
Hi, me and my girlfriend are living in Canada since September 2014. In order to prove our common law status we need to show we were living together for at least 12 months. We were never put on the lease in the house we lived in when we got here so our names are not on that lease. Was wondering would a notarized letter from another tenant plus a copy of the lease with their names on it suffice as proof along with bills we have in our name etc. We currently have a lease together but only 10 months gone. Any help will be greatly appreciated as we've only two weeks left on our visa. P.s we've got the ITA,just need to upload documents

lieob2

Aug 30, 2016
except for the lease, the other documents could prove your common law relationship. Such as the joint bank account, car insurance etc.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lieob2 said:
except for the lease, the other documents could prove your common law relationship. Such as the joint bank account, car insurance etc.
Neither of those would prove that they are common-law.

What is needed, are things that prove that they are under the same roof, such as mail that was delivered to each/both of them over the span of their time living together. I suggest they ask the landlord to write a letter as well; not just another tenant.

A couple can have a joint bank account and car insurance, without living together.