+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC's visa extension refusal due to not sending passport to affix visa-but I was already a PR! How to change the decision?

Tubiti

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi everyone! I have been in Canada based on my study permit and eventually on the 5th of July 2023, I and my family became permanent residents. Just before our PR was approved, we had applied for extending our permits and had them extended and then applied for extension of our TRV visas, although we still had time left in our visas. It was to expire on the 31st of August 2023. IRCC approved the visa application and requested my passport on June 24 but because I received confirmation of PR on the 5th of July, I did not send my passport for affixing of the visa as it was no more necessary because I was already a PR. Now months later on the 19th of December they updated my TRV application status and refused my application because I did not send the passport and I was not eligible. But as I said I didn't send it because I was already a PR. I believe this is a wrong decision. and I am worried that it will have a negative effect on my global visa records as if I was refused a visa by Canada for a good reason. I would like this decision to be corrected so that it may not affect my clean visa records in international travel admission in the future. I sent the IRCC a webform to ask for this correction but in their reply, they are still addressing me as if I am a temporary resident and I should apply for visa again, etc - although I have been a PR since July. The decision should not be rejection of the visa but maybe ‘there is no room for deciding on the matter”. some other kind of decision. I tried to reach them through my MP but they still say the same thing and they say they had to process it and give s decision somehow. and that it is not IRCC's problem whether in my other visa applications to other countries this would seem as an ordinary visa refusal and they may reject my visa application maybe bcoz of this. What else can I do? They don't understand and their logic works somewhat odd. can I write to the ombudsman? thanks