22-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Passport Req..
COPR received 24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016

Hi Folks,

This afternoon I received an email from <IRCC.COMMDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCOMM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> asking me to participate in a survey.

The text in the email refers to a recent IRCC Temporary Resident visa (Visitor Visa) application that was refused. I am a bit confused as I haven't applied for a visitor visa recently, and didn't receive any other email correspondence relating to this. I became a Canadian citizen in 2019, so would have had no reason to apply for this. After receiving citizenship, I received surveys from IRCC which I had completed.

I thought it was a scam, but the email from address looks legit and it also references my first name in the email (Dear...).I'm hoping that it was just sent in error, but am also concerned about somebody applying for a visitor visa in my name or using my information.

I have included the body of the email below. Has this happened anybody else before and what did you do/is there a way to contact IRCC about this?

Thanks!​

Subject: RESEND: IRCC Visitor Visa Refusal Survey / RENVOI : Sondage d'IRCC sur les refus de visa visiteur
La version française suit le texte anglais.

This message is being resent as we have received notice that some of the links were not working properly. If you already completed the survey, please ignore this message. If you have not yet completed the survey, please use the new link shared below.
Dear CanJune2014 ,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) would like you to participate in a survey about your recent experience with your IRCC Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor Visa) application.
We would like to get your thoughts on your recently refused Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor Visa) application and the explanation provided in the Refusal Letter.
This survey should only take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Please note:
  • Your participation in this survey is voluntary and your answers will remain confidential.
  • The information collected will only be used for research purposes. The information you provide today will help us better understand and improve our services.
  • Your participation will not affect your immigration status or any decision made on a past, existing, or future application(s).
  • When answering the questions, please remember that there are no right or wrong answers.
By clicking on the link below, you are agreeing to participate voluntarily in this survey. Please do not share the link with anyone.
I have removed the link to protect my confidentiality.
If you have any problems with the link, please copy and paste the link into the address bar of your web browser.
Thank you!

peter_2013

Nov 26, 2012

Hi Folks,

This afternoon I received an email from <IRCC.COMMDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCOMM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> asking me to participate in a survey.

The text in the email refers to a recent IRCC Temporary Resident visa (Visitor Visa) application that was refused. I am a bit confused as I haven't applied for a visitor visa recently, and didn't receive any other email correspondence relating to this. I became a Canadian citizen in 2019, so would have had no reason to apply for this. After receiving citizenship, I received surveys from IRCC which I had completed.

I thought it was a scam, but the email from address looks legit and it also references my first name in the email (Dear...).I'm hoping that it was just sent in error, but am also concerned about somebody applying for a visitor visa in my name or using my information.

I have included the body of the email below. Has this happened anybody else before and what did you do/is there a way to contact IRCC about this?

Thanks!​

Subject: RESEND: IRCC Visitor Visa Refusal Survey / RENVOI : Sondage d'IRCC sur les refus de visa visiteur

This message is being resent as we have received notice that some of the links were not working properly. If you already completed the survey, please ignore this message. If you have not yet completed the survey, please use the new link shared below.
Dear CanJune2014 ,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) would like you to participate in a survey about your recent experience with your IRCC Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor Visa) application.
We would like to get your thoughts on your recently refused Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor Visa) application and the explanation provided in the Refusal Letter.
Please note:
  • Your participation in this survey is voluntary and your answers will remain confidential.
  • The information collected will only be used for research purposes. The information you provide today will help us better understand and improve our services.
  • Your participation will not affect your immigration status or any decision made on a past, existing, or future application(s).
  • When answering the questions, please remember that there are no right or wrong answers.
By clicking on the link below, you are agreeing to participate voluntarily in this survey. Please do not share the link with anyone.
If you have any problems with the link, please copy and paste the link into the address bar of your web browser.
Thank you!

Yes, I too received this email around 5:30 pm EST. There were no details provided just a link for survey. Had applied for my parents visa but the status shows still in progress

peter_2013

Nov 26, 2012
Yes, received same email around 5:30pm est today. It was not addressed to anyone.
I have applied for my parents visa extension who are travelling back next month. After receiving email checked the status it is still in progress.

Has anyone else got this email?

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012

Hi Folks,

Thanks!​

Dear CanJune2014 ,
Please note:
Thank you!

Hello

I also received the same email from IRCC in the afternoon that I have to share my exp. for recent visitor visa application refusal in the survey .I am bit confused that it is legitimate email or not . Although my wife applied for visitor visa for her parents on her behalf and she is the principle sponsor . But she did not received any such survey and her parents application is showing on portal as in progress.

also it is from same email address as you mentioned in your message. They have asked us to click on the link but I am bit spectacle about that link so So I have not clicked the link yet.

FYI :- I am a PR and staying in Canada from last 4 years and there is no another visitor visa application filed from my account. So I am also having same doubt that is someone using my account ?

below is the message

Please note:

CanJune2014

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-07-2014
File Transfer...
05-08-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Passport Req..
COPR received 24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
So I just received an email this evening from IRCC. Looks like the email had been sent in error.

Hello,
On May 20, 2022, you may have been sent an email with the subject line “RESEND: IRCC Visitor Visa Refusal Survey” from IRCC.COMMDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCOMM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. This message was sent in error by our service provider. Please disregard this message.
We apologize for the confusion.
Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

WannbeCanuck

Nov 7, 2017
I received the exact same email from IRCC. It had me so worried and confused. There was no application number or any reference apart from my email I'd. Such a mess! Glad we have forums like this.

Ysnack

May 21, 2022
I received the exact same email. I am very confused because they use my nick name in the email instead of my real name.
So... I think it was not sent by IRCC. The email address seams to be right though, maybe IRCC's email was hacked or something?