+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC seeking 90 days extension to release GCMS

Waqar_Ahmad

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I have applied GCMS notes on 17 Oct through get GCMS
Today they shared following response by IRCC

that in accordance with the Access to Information Act, an extension of 90 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution. See section 9(1)(a) of the Access to Information Act.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Reactions: Waqar_Ahmad

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
I have applied GCMS notes on 17 Oct through get GCMS
Today they shared following response by IRCC

that in accordance with the Access to Information Act, an extension of 90 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution. See section 9(1)(a) of the Access to Information Act.
Hi, that happened to me too last year. I requested for GCMS notes on Dec 23, 2019, I used getgcms.com. Received a 90-day extension notice after 28 days of waiting. Got my notes after 4 months (lol).

I requested for GCMS notes through a friend on Feb 3rd, got my notes on Mar 4th! This is for the same application.

So I suggest you try again, it's only $5 anyway. Request through a person/friend/relative and not use GCMS websites.

Waqar_Ahmad

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi, that happened to me too last year. I requested for GCMS notes on Dec 23, 2019, I used getgcms.com. Received a 90-day extension notice after 28 days of waiting. Got my notes after 4 months (lol).

I requested for GCMS notes through a friend on Feb 3rd, got my notes on Mar 4th! This is for the same application.

So I suggest you try again, it's only $5 anyway. Request through a person/friend/relative and not use GCMS websites.
What you suggest now
Many others getting this response

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
If they can devote resources to process the applications or at least have the latest status updated on online portal, people won't request the notes and it saves everyone's time.
At least half of those requests(including me) are requesting after seeing a ghost update for trying to understand what was updated. If webforms would provide that update, that would also solve this problem. But they are in a parallel universe.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

You can certainly try again and it's possible you may get an extension on that too. Instead you can consider requesting the Gcms Notes from CBSA rather than IRCC during these times.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Can you guide how to order from CBSA
Sure, it's a similar process as requesting from IRCC. When you submit the request at https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en select CBSA instead of IRCC and follow the instruction there after. The consent form for CBSA is different from IRCC's and can be obtained from https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf745-eng.html

IRCC and CBSA both use the same GCMS system platform and have access to the same information when it comes to the Gcms Notes. While the GCMS platform is the same the extent of redaction taken by IRCC and CBSA for the exact same information varies. There is more info on security in Gcms Notes from CBSA vs IRCC but CBSA on the other hand can/does redact more personal information.

One drawback of requesting from CBSA used to be that they would send the information via postal mail but during the pandemic they send it via email.

All the best.

Waqar_Ahmad

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Sure, it's a similar process as requesting from IRCC. When you submit the request at https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en select CBSA instead of IRCC and follow the instruction there after. The consent form for CBSA is different from IRCC's and can be obtained from https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf745-eng.html

IRCC and CBSA both use the same GCMS system platform and have access to the same information when it comes to the Gcms Notes. While the GCMS platform is the same the extent of redaction taken by IRCC and CBSA for the exact same information varies. There is more info on security in Gcms Notes from CBSA vs IRCC but CBSA on the other hand can/does redact more personal information.

One drawback of requesting from CBSA used to be that they would send the information via postal mail but during the pandemic they send it via email.

All the best.
Thanks for your guidance
But website is under some maintenance.
So using this channel we can apply ourselves no need a PR holder?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for your guidance
But website is under some maintenance.
So using this channel we can apply ourselves no need a PR holder?
The ATIP website is undergoing scheduled maintenance and will be up and running soon. This is the website everyone uses whether you use a friend/relative in Canada or a 3rd party. Nothing special about using a 3rd party as they follow the same process as anyone else who is eligible to apply directly with ATIP.

If you are not eligible to apply directly or don't know someone in Canada to help you then you can use a 3rd party. Ask the 3rd party to request your Gcms Notes from CBSA instead of IRCC, they should offer it at the same price as Gcms Notes from IRCC. If not then find a different 3rd party, there are plenty who will request it from IRCC or CBSA with no additional fee.

Waqar_Ahmad

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
The ATIP website is undergoing scheduled maintenance and will be up and running soon. This is the website everyone uses whether you use a friend/relative in Canada or a 3rd party. Nothing special about using a 3rd party as they follow the same process as anyone else who is eligible to apply directly with ATIP.

If you are not eligible to apply directly or don't know someone in Canada to help you then you can use a 3rd party. Ask the 3rd party to request your Gcms Notes from CBSA instead of IRCC, they should offer it at the same price as Gcms Notes from IRCC. If not then find a different 3rd party, there are plenty who will request it from IRCC or CBSA with no additional fee.
Thanks