+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC requesting medical after its already submitted-Need help!

Smarties17

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
OK so this is very confusing, i'll try to break it down as simple as I can. See signature for my full timeline.

IRCC requested medical exams for myself and my son. I was visiting my wife in Canada when they sent the request so I was able to quickly get mine done. My son was in the states so I took him to get his exam done just a few days ago, just a few days before the 30 day deadline to complete medicals.

To recap: Med req-july 3rd, PA medical exam-july 9th, PA dependant medical exam-july 29th.

Today (july 31st), I checked ECAS and it states: we've received your medical results. Checked GCKEY it states:
Review of medical results

• July 31, 2019 You passed the medical exam
Two hours later, I get an email saying I have a message in my account. GCKEY still shows "You passed the medical exam", HOWEVER, its asking me to upload additional documents. They sent me a request letter that states:

Medical: You are required to have all your family members be examined as part of the
process of applying for permanent residence in Canada, even if they will not come to Canada with
the principal applicant. This examination of your non accompanying dependent is in accordance
with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation section 70(1)(e). Please see attached link
for instructions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp
This must be received at this office by: 2019/08/30

Now this is where it gets even more confusing....when I click on "View submitted application or upload documents" at the top of my account page, it says "Required documents-Proof of upfront medical exam", if I click on instructions it says:

Document: Proof of upfront medical exam

You require a medical exam. Learn how to get an upfront medical exam. In order to submit your online application, you will need to upload the information printout sheet or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. Your doctor will give you one of these forms when you complete your medical exam.

If you cannot get a medical exam before the deadline to submit your application, you may submit proof that you have scheduled an appointment.

I did not have an upfront exam so why would they be asking me for proof of one? Or is this just some generic message?

Do you think its possible that this request letter was sent in error? I mean, we've both had our exams done and GCKEY has not said "medicals passed" up until today when ECAS updated. So i'm honestly very confused right now as to what they are asking me for.

What i've done so far is scan and upload the Emedical forms for both myself and my dependant that shows our medical exam number.

Is there anything else I should do? or just let it ride for a few days and see if resolves itself?

Sorry for the immensely long read, this is just very confusing and I couldn't condense it

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
OK so this is very confusing, i'll try to break it down as simple as I can. See signature for my full timeline.

IRCC requested medical exams for myself and my son. I was visiting my wife in Canada when they sent the request so I was able to quickly get mine done. My son was in the states so I took him to get his exam done just a few days ago, just a few days before the 30 day deadline to complete medicals.

To recap: Med req-july 3rd, PA medical exam-july 9th, PA dependant medical exam-july 29th.

Today (july 31st), I checked ECAS and it states: we've received your medical results. Checked GCKEY it states:
Review of medical results

• July 31, 2019 You passed the medical exam
Two hours later, I get an email saying I have a message in my account. GCKEY still shows "You passed the medical exam", HOWEVER, its asking me to upload additional documents. They sent me a request letter that states:

Medical: You are required to have all your family members be examined as part of the
process of applying for permanent residence in Canada, even if they will not come to Canada with
the principal applicant. This examination of your non accompanying dependent is in accordance
with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation section 70(1)(e). Please see attached link
for instructions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp
This must be received at this office by: 2019/08/30

Now this is where it gets even more confusing....when I click on "View submitted application or upload documents" at the top of my account page, it says "Required documents-Proof of upfront medical exam", if I click on instructions it says:

Document: Proof of upfront medical exam

You require a medical exam. Learn how to get an upfront medical exam. In order to submit your online application, you will need to upload the information printout sheet or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. Your doctor will give you one of these forms when you complete your medical exam.

If you cannot get a medical exam before the deadline to submit your application, you may submit proof that you have scheduled an appointment.

I did not have an upfront exam so why would they be asking me for proof of one? Or is this just some generic message?

Do you think its possible that this request letter was sent in error? I mean, we've both had our exams done and GCKEY has not said "medicals passed" up until today when ECAS updated. So i'm honestly very confused right now as to what they are asking me for.

What i've done so far is scan and upload the Emedical forms for both myself and my dependant that shows our medical exam number.

Is there anything else I should do? or just let it ride for a few days and see if resolves itself?

Sorry for the immensely long read, this is just very confusing and I couldn't condense it
If it has been requested again, just submit the same receipt from the medical already done.