+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC request for additional doc received after the deadline

scout1980

Feb 6, 2023
Hi - IRCC has asked me to submit the Schedule A background declaration form (IMM 5669) by Jan 16, BUT the request came via email on Feb 1, when the deadline for submitting the doc had already passed. I had no access to my application until Feb 1 because it was a paper application. IRCC notification to link my application came through on Feb 1, and I did the same right away, then got the automatic doc request after linking my application.

Their request says they'll cancel my PR application if I send the document after the deadline, but I couldn't do anything. What should I do now?

Did anyone have a similar experience? Any help/tips are highly appreciated. Thanks!

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hi - IRCC has asked me to submit the Schedule A background declaration form (IMM 5669) by Jan 16, BUT the request came via email on Feb 1, when the deadline for submitting the doc had already passed. I had no access to my application until Feb 1 because it was a paper application. IRCC notification to link my application came through on Feb 1, and I did the same right away, then got the automatic doc request after linking my application.

Their request says they'll cancel my PR application if I send the document after the deadline, but I couldn't do anything. What should I do now?

Did anyone have a similar experience? Any help/tips are highly appreciated. Thanks!
Send it ASAP with a letter of explanation via webform and also via expedited mail to the responsible office. IRCC fucked up - so I hope they will catch this in time before they cancel. They also could have made a mistake with the date, but regardless send it asap.

scout1980

Feb 6, 2023
Send it ASAP with a letter of explanation via webform and also via expedited mail to the responsible office. IRCC fucked up - so I hope they will catch this in time before they cancel. They also could have made a mistake with the date, but regardless send it asap.
Thank you so much for your response. I've just sent them a letter via webform and will do as you said. Appreciate it!