+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Phone System - Unable to Find Application

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Hi all,

For a few days now, a lot of us have been unable to check the status of our application using the IRCC phone system. The call goes through but the system is unable to find our application.

Is there anyone who is still able to hear the status of their application?

I am trying to gauge whether this impacts everyone or just a group of people.

This issue is annoying as for a few of us applying with a consultant, the phone system is the only way to get updates on our application.

It feels like IRCC broke this with the last maintenance. We traded a functional phone system for some icons on the web portal. Great job IRCC! Wondering what is the ETA of a fix now.

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Talk to an agent, 1-888-242-2100, then press 3-3-0 to go to the agent line quickly
I know I can do that, talked to an agent the other day. But I don’t want to have to talk to someone to check the status of my application lol. Sounds like unnecessary hassle to me.

beccy678

Jun 6, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16-10-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
I have the same problem. It's been fine via phone and last night when I checked...couldn't find app, nor today. About a week ago I was informed via email contact after I chase that a decision has been made on the application and someone will be in touch (they haven't). Apparently the online system is showing the application still in as processing (according to lawyers who have access to it).

Who knows...whole process is pretty ridiculous and depressingly slow.

Also - cant get through on phone. Too busy.

beccy678

Jun 6, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16-10-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
I tweeted and messenger'd them. They now have an announcement on the phones saying its broken!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
It seems they're actually aware that their phone systems are having issues. Maybe in the next maintenance update they will fix it.

First it was the timeline bar and now flashy icons. Wonder what's next?

KAS

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Hi all,

For a few days now, a lot of us have been unable to check the status of our application using the IRCC phone system. The call goes through but the system is unable to find our application.

Is there anyone who is still able to hear the status of their application?

I am trying to gauge whether this impacts everyone or just a group of people.

This issue is annoying as for a few of us applying with a consultant, the phone system is the only way to get updates on our application.

It feels like IRCC broke this with the last maintenance. We traded a functional phone system for some icons on the web portal. Great job IRCC! Wondering what is the ETA of a fix now.
Sir, can you confirm what was the final outcome when you were not hearing status of your PR application in IRCC phone system? After how long you got your PPR request after not hearing your application status in IRCC phone system?

I am in similar situation where I called them today and it says "unable to find application". Application was filed on 2-Aug-2019. Last status as per 10-Dec-2019 was Security - in progress, Criminality - passed, Medical - passed, Eligibility - recommended pass.

Will be very glad if you can suggest. I am worried.

Thank you

himsjag799

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Sir, can you confirm what was the final outcome when you were not hearing status of your PR application in IRCC phone system? After how long you got your PPR request after not hearing your application status in IRCC phone system?

I am in similar situation where I called them today and it says "unable to find application". Application was filed on 2-Aug-2019. Last status as per 10-Dec-2019 was Security - in progress, Criminality - passed, Medical - passed, Eligibility - recommended pass.

Thank you
Hi
I have applied for the extension of my work permit. For me also it says unable to find your application.

Zandolie

Aug 31, 2019

Thank you
Where did you get those notes about your status?

Harsha25

Oct 7, 2021
I am facing this issue right now (2021). Is anyone else facing this issue? If so, please let me know. I have applied via consultancy as well.

Nivedhaprasad

May 9, 2019
Facing the same issue -- tried reaching them, it says application not found. Not sure what the reason is. Maybe it has to do with prioritizing Afghan applicants not sure though

Reactions: Harsha25