+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Official Response to Backlogs in London Visa Office and Answer to Security Screening

jenjira.j

May 16, 2019
Thanks for replying. We got the email from the hotline and they replied. Hoping that they realize how urgent the travel time is.

Hi!

I have submitted a visiting visa application online from London since 30th of April 2019 but I didn't get back from them yet. I have to travel to Canada next week on 23rd of May 2019 to give a talk in a conference which is very important to my study progress and the talk is supported by my university. I called the high commission in London which is just a voice mall and didn't work. I dropped them emails and submitted enquiry via web form but I didn't get back from them. I called VFS in London and they asked me to call the high commission. I went to the high commission but the security stopped me to get access the building. Please could you advise if there is some way I can communicate with the high commission and put a rush to my case.

Thank you in advance.
Jane

dgnile3888

Aug 22, 2018
  1. Hi I this Deepak Nile, Indian passport holder studied in Ireland I have submitted my study visa at London embassy on 20th March and enrolled biometrics on 25th March, I am still waiting no update. I emailed them on 26th April they replied on 10th May they replied as follows

“We write in reply to your enquiry dated 26th April 2019.
    Please note that your application for a study permit to Canada is currently under active review.
    Every effort is being made to complete processing as quickly as possible.
    You will be notified once a decision has been reached
    We trust this information is of assistance to you.”

I already missed May intake , I had to defer my admission from May to September. I found few students on this forum who is been waiting more than me. It’s been 10weeks Don’t know what to do. Where to ask for help? Why they are taking so long? It was 5weeks processing time on website when I applied. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

arawa

Feb 16, 2016
Hi!

I have submitted a visiting visa application online from London since 30th of April 2019 but I didn't get back from them yet. I have to travel to Canada next week on 23rd of May 2019 to give a talk in a conference which is very important to my study progress and the talk is supported by my university. I called the high commission in London which is just a voice mall and didn't work. I dropped them emails and submitted enquiry via web form but I didn't get back from them. I called VFS in London and they asked me to call the high commission. I went to the high commission but the security stopped me to get access the building. Please could you advise if there is some way I can communicate with the high commission and put a rush to my case.

Thank you in advance.
Jane
Hello Jane,
We are obviously in the same both same time line . Have you heard anything yet

arawa

Feb 16, 2016
Case by Case basis. You could go to In-take office and tell them you have plans for travelling and try to put a rush to it. it works sometimes - no guarantees.
Do you have an idea if it works for onli
Thanks for replying. We got the email from the hotline and they replied. Hoping that they realize how urgent the travel time is.
hi can you please send me the email address. Thank you

arawa

Feb 16, 2016
Case by Case basis. You could go to In-take office and tell them you have plans for travelling and try to put a rush to it. it works sometimes - no guarantees.
Thank you but do you have an address for the intake office please

jenjira.j

May 16, 2019
Hello Jane,
We are obviously in the same both same time line . Have you heard anything yet
Hi,

I got the visa a day before I departed luckily. You could try by dropping them emails with emergency as the topic everydays if possible. Hope you get luck for this :)

Jane

arawa

Feb 16, 2016
Hi,

I got the visa a day before I departed luckily. You could try by dropping them emails with emergency as the topic everydays if possible. Hope you get luck for this :)

Jane
Please can you help me with their email address

fahadshah284

Aug 29, 2014
Riyadh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018 SINP OID
Doc's Request.
28-08-2018 POF, intend to settle, Dependent Birth Docs Translation, Resident IDs
Nomination.....
10-10-2018
Hi,

Jane
Hello,
How much time they need to prepare COPR? Kindly share your timeline.

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
What
Q.6 Do every application go through Security Screening?
What’re are broad reasons an application goes to SS, as not every application goes through SS?
Answer: As part of routine application processing, all applicants undergo criminal and security screening. IRCC works with its partners, such as the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), to ensure that those individuals who are considered security risks are not allowed to enter or remain in Canada.

Q.7 How does Security Screening works?

Answer: Multiple factors must be considered before a migration officer chooses to refer an application for security screening, and it is not uncommon for an application to be delayed by this process. While I appreciate the concerns that you have raised, I would like to assure you that delays in processing that relate to security screening and other eligibility verifications can be subject, at times, to delays.

Security screening is an important part of the overall assessment of whether a person is admissible to Canada, and the CBSA works diligently to process screening requests within an appropriate timeframe. However, the time required to conduct security screening on a case varies based on multiple factors such as complexity, level of detail, availability of information and research required. The CBSA works closely with IRCC and other partners prior to making a recommendation on an application. Each file requires an in-depth examination and depending on the factors outlined above, some cases may go beyond average processing timeframes.

I have divided their response in the form of Questions as it is easier to understand in this way. There was some more information that I have excluded for now and will try to organise it before posting it in this forum.

I have also got in contact with London Visa Office relating to this issue, and their response is slightly different to what I was told by the Ministry directly. In addition, there is a part on IRCC Plans and developments that I will be discussing.

For more updates on this topic just keep visiting it in the future.
re

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Q.6 Do every application go through Security Screening?

Answer: As part of routine application processing, all applicants undergo criminal and security screening. IRCC works with its partners, such as the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), to ensure that those individuals who are considered security risks are not allowed to enter or remain in Canada.

Q.7 How does Security Screening works?

Answer: Multiple factors must be considered before a migration officer chooses to refer an application for security screening, and it is not uncommon for an application to be delayed by this process. While I appreciate the concerns that you have raised, I would like to assure you that delays in processing that relate to security screening and other eligibility verifications can be subject, at times, to delays.

Security screening is an important part of the overall assessment of whether a person is admissible to Canada, and the CBSA works diligently to process screening requests within an appropriate timeframe. However, the time required to conduct security screening on a case varies based on multiple factors such as complexity, level of detail, availability of information and research required. The CBSA works closely with IRCC and other partners prior to making a recommendation on an application. Each file requires an in-depth examination and depending on the factors outlined above, some cases may go beyond average processing timeframes.

I have divided their response in the form of Questions as it is easier to understand in this way. There was some more information that I have excluded for now and will try to organise it before posting it in this forum.

I have also got in contact with London Visa Office relating to this issue, and their response is slightly different to what I was told by the Ministry directly. In addition, there is a part on IRCC Plans and developments that I will be discussing.

For more updates on this topic just keep visiting it in the future.
What’re some broad reasons applications go to SS, as not every application goes through SS?

billy012

May 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
june 17, 2013
LANDED..........
None
What’re some broad reasons applications go to SS, as not every application goes through SS?
Do you guys have idea how long do they finiah permanent residency applicationnfor single person?

ines.mech

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Do you guys have idea how long do they finiah permanent residency applicationnfor single person?
I am a singly applicant and have applied under the FSW-O. My AOR is July 31st and I've recently called CIC and found out that my VO is, unfortunately, London despite the fact that I live in Dubai...