+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Official Response to Backlogs in London Visa Office and Answer to Security Screening

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi all,

As per the demand of applicants from the London Visa Office, I have enquired from the ministry regarding the backlogs and doubts relating to Security Screening. I have summarised their responses in the form of Questions and Answers.

This information is equally applicable to applicants of other Local Visa Offices and Case Processing Centres as well.

I will keep you guys posted about the developments of IRCC through this thread from now onwards.

Cheers!

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Q.1: Why it is taking more than average time in London Visa Office for processing of applications?

Answer: IRCC realizes that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

Q.2: Is there any reason on why some applications with the same e-APR are processed earlier than others?

Answer: The Government of Canada is committed to a fair and non-discriminatory application of immigration procedures while protecting the safety and security of Canadians. Processing times will vary based on:

· the type of application submitted;

· the volume of applications received;

· how easily we can verify information;

· the availability of levels of space under the current Immigration Levels Plan;

· how well and how quickly the applicant responds to any requests or concerns;

· whether the application is complete, and

· the completion of statutory background checks and verifications against fraud.

Q.3 IRCC claims average processing time to be 6 months while it is taking more time in Local Visa Offices. What are the reasons for it?

Answer: The processing times published on the IRCC Website represent the time it takes to process 80% of applications, which means that the remaining 20% may have taken longer. Background checks and their processing times vary depending on several factors.

Q.4 Is there any changes in IRCC system that is leading to delays in the processing of applications in Certain Local Visa Offices?

Answer: It should be noted that there has been no change to how applications submitted are processed. However, there has been a significant increase in global volumes (refugees, temporary, and permanent residents) over the past few years. IRCC has been moving toward an integrated and centralized working environment for processing permanent and temporary resident applications.

Q.5 Why applications are sent to few Local Visa Offices knowing they are already having severe backlogs due to high volumes of applications?

Answer: The configuration of IRCC’s processing network allows work to be shifted based on available capacity. Therefore, processing times are more accurately reflected based on country of residence* rather than the geographical location of a processing office.

*I have discussed this in more detail and will be writing on it separately later on in this thread.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Q.6 Do every application go through Security Screening?

Answer: As part of routine application processing, all applicants undergo criminal and security screening. IRCC works with its partners, such as the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), to ensure that those individuals who are considered security risks are not allowed to enter or remain in Canada.

Q.7 How does Security Screening works?

Answer: Multiple factors must be considered before a migration officer chooses to refer an application for security screening, and it is not uncommon for an application to be delayed by this process. While I appreciate the concerns that you have raised, I would like to assure you that delays in processing that relate to security screening and other eligibility verifications can be subject, at times, to delays.

Security screening is an important part of the overall assessment of whether a person is admissible to Canada, and the CBSA works diligently to process screening requests within an appropriate timeframe. However, the time required to conduct security screening on a case varies based on multiple factors such as complexity, level of detail, availability of information and research required. The CBSA works closely with IRCC and other partners prior to making a recommendation on an application. Each file requires an in-depth examination and depending on the factors outlined above, some cases may go beyond average processing timeframes.

I have divided their response in the form of Questions as it is easier to understand in this way. There was some more information that I have excluded for now and will try to organise it before posting it in this forum.

I have also got in contact with London Visa Office relating to this issue, and their response is slightly different to what I was told by the Ministry directly. In addition, there is a part on IRCC Plans and developments that I will be discussing.

For more updates on this topic just keep visiting it in the future.

tinuola

Oct 12, 2016
Hello @BillHyatt

Many thanks for all your assistance. You've always been of great help, and this information has really been helpful.

My AOR is Aug 3rd, PNP.

Out of concern, I would like to be precise and I do not intend to demean still unprocessed applications received in the London Visa Office months before "August" for whatever reason.

You once mentioned on the London Visa Office Applicants Forum that for some unknown reasons, applications received in the first week in August, 2017 seems untouched.

What could be the reason for this and how soon should we expect them to start dealing with these applications?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello @BillHyatt

Many thanks for all your assistance. You've always been of great help, and this information has really been helpful.

My AOR is Aug 3rd, PNP.

Out of concern, I would like to be precise and I do not intend to demean still unprocessed applications received in the London Visa Office months before "August" for whatever reason.

You once mentioned on the London Visa Office Applicants Forum that for some unknown reasons, applications received in the first week in August, 2017 seems untouched.

What could be the reason for this and how soon should we expect them to start dealing with these applications?
Actually, I have contacted ministry to know the reasons for the delays in the first week of August applications but they have given a general reply. So, we still don't have an answer as to why they have been skipped.

However, one thing that I have noticed is that many of these applications are sent to SS and some of them are untouched due to the Country of Residence. I will discuss this in detail as it will take time to organise that information.

For the time, I will not try to prove IRCC wrong but if you read their responses you will find contradictions.

I hope this will help.

tinuola

Oct 12, 2016
Actually, I have contacted ministry to know the reasons for the delays in the first week of August applications but they have given a general reply. So, we still don't have an answer as to why they have been skipped.

However, one thing that I have noticed is that many of these applications are sent to SS and some of them are untouched due to the Country of Residence. I will discuss this in detail as it will take time to organise that information.

For the time, I will not try to prove IRCC wrong but if you read their responses you will find contradictions.

I hope this will help.
Thanks @BillHyatt for the reply. I can only hope they soon start touching our files and have them finalized on-time.

Kirchenbomb

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hi @BillHyatt Thank you for this info. Sorry I do not mean to hijack this thread but there is a similar situation here at NDVO(where my file is) My AOR is 26th Jan 18, i got into the so called IP2 on 27th feb(the bulk change that happened), file was transferred to NDVO on 8th March. And since then no one has looked at my file. Most people with me have got their PPR and even someone with the same batch number as me was successful. My GCMS notes shows eligibility,security not started - agents comments on eligibility before transferring to NDVO were also positive.

So what baffles me is what is the system being used here. Its been almost 6 months nothing is happening. No one has looked at my file. And my fear is this can go on endlessly.

So whether its London or NDVO or any other office whats going on..how do they prioritize applications?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi @BillHyatt Thank you for this info. Sorry I do not mean to hijack this thread but there is a similar situation here at NDVO(where my file is) My AOR is 26th Jan 18, i got into the so called IP2 on 27th feb(the bulk change that happened), file was transferred to NDVO on 8th March. And since then no one has looked at my file. Most people with me have got their PPR and even someone with the same batch number as me was successful. My GCMS notes shows eligibility,security not started - agents comments on eligibility before transferring to NDVO were also positive.

So what baffles me is what is the system being used here. Its been almost 6 months nothing is happening. No one has looked at my file. And my fear is this can go on endlessly.

So whether its London or NDVO or any other office whats going on..how do they prioritize applications?
what's your nationality? where is your work experience? have you travelled a lot?

@ota

Jul 3, 2018
Hi @BillHyatt
My AOR was dec 28 2017, IP2 27th Feb. I have travelled to the UK on 2 occasions.
I still have not received any updates on my account, it's more than 6 months now. I don't know what seemed to be the problem. I need your advice

Rayan12

Feb 27, 2018
Hi @BillHyatt
My AOR was dec 28 2017, IP2 27th Feb. I have travelled to the UK on 2 occasions.
I still have not received any updates on my account, it's more than 6 months now. I don't know what seemed to be the problem. I need your advice
Same here
AOR 30 dec
Ip2 27 feb
No updates after that:(

yatin_pin2

Nov 30, 2017
Hi
@BillHyatt My current Residence is India and the nationality is Indian. My master degree and claimed work experience from UK. Do you think my file will go through Security Screening? Also does CIC transfer the PR application to LVO after SS or not?

Thanks You