+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC inconsistencies

Kezia23

Jan 18, 2023
Hi there senior members. Please guide. Upon further reading of my GCMS note I found out that the visa office processing my spouse and dependent application is Ottawa IR. It say primary office: Ottawa IR and Secondary office: Centralized Intake Office.

I really thought that my file was sent to Manila Visa Office like what they said on the SA letter.

I remember before and I think I posted it here that when I called IRCC call centre the agent said they will send my file for final processing back to Canada. Now I dont know if this is actually true. Nowhere I can see in the GCMS my file being sent to Manila visa office.

So many inconsistencies. Everytime I am calling the IRCC call centre I always say its outside Canada visa office handling my case.

Anyone here who has a Ottawa IR visa office handling their case?
Our application is being processed in Ottawa. When they sent me our SA, it says my file will be sent to a different VO but it did not say which VO. When we received our prearrival Letter, the letter came from Ottawa VO so I assumed our application is being processed in Ottawa.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Our application is being processed in Ottawa. When they sent me our SA, it says my file will be sent to a different VO but it did not say which VO. When we received our prearrival Letter, the letter came from Ottawa VO so I assumed our application is being processed in Ottawa.
When did you receive Sponsorship Approval email? Can you please add it in your signature timeline.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Right sorry I forgot to add it. February 9 is when I received Sponsorship Approval. It was 7 days after getting AOR
Are you or your sponsor thinking of applying TRV for you? I mean, it would be an extra $100 expense, but from what we are being told that TRV will be mostly issued within 30 days, if AOR and SA has been issued on Spousal PR application.
Once you get TRV, you can travel to Canada, after reaching there can also apply for OWP.

But question is, would you wait for your COPR then PPR to arrive - or start the TRV right away?

Kezia23

Jan 18, 2023
Are you or your sponsor thinking of applying TRV for you? I mean, it would be an extra $100 expense, but from what we are being told that TRV will be mostly issued within 30 days, if AOR and SA has been issued on Spousal PR application.
Once you get TRV, you can travel to Canada, after reaching there can also apply for OWP.

But question is, would you wait for your COPR then PPR to arrive - or start the TRV right away?
We thought about applying for TRV but decided that we will wait until early August for the COPR to come out. My wife can't travel yet anyway unless we get an approval from her doctor that its okay for her to travel right now (currently pregnant).

We could always try applying for TRV if her COPR doesn't arrive by August.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
We thought about applying for TRV but decided that we will wait until early August for the COPR to come out. My wife can't travel yet anyway unless we get an approval from her doctor that its okay for her to travel right now (currently pregnant).

We could always try applying for TRV if her COPR doesn't arrive by August.
Oh Congrats firstly for the new comer in the family. Hopefully you guys get together very soon. Wish you the very best.

barcastaff

Feb 14, 2023
Inland common-law from Quebec. Could attest to the inconsistency. The GCMS notes, PR tracker, and GC key information all differ from each other. Even on the GCMS notes, despite that eligibility is not marked at complete or even in progress, the "notes" section seems to suggest that they had reviewed all of my documents, and my file is "ready for decision maker", whatever that means.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case they specifically said on my SA that they will send my spouse application to MVO for further processing. After that we really thought our file is in Manila. When I’m reading my GCMS yesterday and comparing it to Eagle333 I realize our file never even went to Manila. From CIO(Sydney) was sent to Ottawa IR.

I might have called at least 6 times during this process and every time I was asked by the agent I always say it is in overseas visa office. Every time I make a webform it is directed to MVO.

Last edited:

Adrian Timm

Star Member
Feb 24, 2023
Another update:

Am now told, even with all their mistakes, we are to wait another 2 months for our pr card! Even though address and status were confirmed 6 months ago!

WHAT A MESS!

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Another update:

Am now told, even with all their mistakes, we are to wait another 2 months for our pr card! Even though address and status were confirmed 6 months ago!

WHAT A MESS!
Well, make a note of all of this situation. Note if this situation caused any financial loss...and then law suit once you become citizen.

Adrian Timm

Star Member
Feb 24, 2023
Well, make a note of all of this situation. Note if this situation caused any financial loss...and then law suit once you become citizen.
Trying to decide what or which is my best way proceed with this now.
My MP is at a lose as well.
Possibly an email to the minister of immigration, and maybe, like you mentioned, the news,(after we have that card in hand)

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Trying to decide what or which is my best way proceed with this now.
My MP is at a lose as well.
Possibly an email to the minister of immigration, and maybe, like you mentioned, the news,(after we have that card in hand)
Unfortunately, there is not much we can do as of this moment, meaning while we are in the process. And i will never advise to throw stones in a pond when one is sitting on water lily. Yes, make note of everything, by date, note every issue and problem the delay is causing. And make a good case once you are in the system.
But please also realize, that its the same system that is trying to process so many applicants, so many complications, they also have to verify each applicant, each document - otherwise it will be us later who will criticize CIC for not doing their job well.

There's always 2 sides of a coin.

Adrian Timm

Star Member
Feb 24, 2023
Unfortunately, there is not much we can do as of this moment, meaning while we are in the process. And i will never advise to throw stones in a pond when one is sitting on water lily. Yes, make note of everything, by date, note every issue and problem the delay is causing. And make a good case once you are in the system.
But please also realize, that its the same system that is trying to process so many applicants, so many complications, they also have to verify each applicant, each document - otherwise it will be us later who will criticize CIC for not doing their job well.

There's always 2 sides of a coin.
I do totally agree. The system needs to be fixed before they open arms to more, of which some will deal with the same frustrations.
I can’t imagine one that is unfamiliar with our ways and language, and having to deal with this, and not knowing where to turn next