+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC dashboard. Why is not Citizenship Ceremony "In Progress" since the citizenship test was done

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Language skills: In Progress
Physical presence: In Progress
Citizenship test: Completed (In 1st of June 2021)
Background verification: In Progress
Prohibitions: In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started

Will this take long time?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Because your Background checks are still In progress. AFAIK, the application won't move any further until your BG checks are completed.

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Because your Background checks are still In progress. AFAIK, the application won't move any further until your BG checks are completed.
IRCC agent said the "in progress" things are done fairly quick. Does that mean IRCC will not ask again for fingerprints? The last time I did fingerprints was in August 2020.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
IRCC agent said the "in progress" things are done fairly quick. Does that mean IRCC will not ask again for fingerprints? The last time I did fingerprints was in August 2020.
Depends on the reason why your application is stuck in BG checks. BG checks consists of 2 components - Criminality and Security. If your application is stuck in criminality, you will likely receive a fingerprint request. Criminality clearance is valid for 1 year. Come August 2021, your criminality clearance will expire and if a decision is NOT made on the application by then, you will very likely get another FP request.

Last edited:

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Ha ha ha ... The default in the new tracker is to say everything is "in progress", except for things that one cannot readily lie about (e.g., oath ceremony). My GCMS notes show that a couple of things are still "not started" and have been in that status for almost a year, but the new online tracker says "in progress"!

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
This is the first time I heard of GCMS. How it could be useful to me? I submitted my application in January 2017!

VijayReddyTirupari

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
20/11/2016
Doc's Request.
26/11/2016
Nomination.....
20/12/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2017
Med's Request
Upfront on 27/03/2017
Med's Done....
Medicals passed 25/05/2017
LANDED..........
InLand.

What's your updated ? Mine is same done with tests and test all in progress including bg

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
What's your updated ? Mine is same done with tests and test all in progress including bg
Still no change. I hired a lawyer in August. The lawyer contacted Ottawa office to intervene and push to finalize the application to avoid further delays (My application is five years old!) Ottawa office`s help was just "Just the matter was forwarded to Miss office." Mississauga office had no moral problem saying "The application on the queue to be reviewed by an officer. The client will be contacted in the future for the next step." (They refused to give a specific date for finalizing the application)

Most probably the next step will be fingerprint for the third time as the second one expired without labeling BG to "Completed"