+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC, CRA et all Disruptive strike Canada wide.

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Same here!!! Been shitting my pants since I learned about the upcoming strike, I have my oath ceremony coming up on the 8th May. Keeping my fingers crossed too, hopefully we all achieve our dreams.
Shoot. Will they need to cancel and reschedule oath ceremonies? Seems logical... Any idea what happened to oath ceremonies scheduled for yesterday and today?

Gucheelady

Mar 30, 2018
Shoot. Will they need to cancel and reschedule oath ceremonies? Seems logical... Any idea what happened to oath ceremonies scheduled for yesterday and today?
Wednesday and Thursday ceremonies were cancelled. And for today, there are few people here in the forum who were scheduled to have the ceremony today in the morning, and nothing happened as per them

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Wednesday and Thursday ceremonies were cancelled. And for today, there are few people here in the forum who were scheduled to have the ceremony today in the morning, and nothing happened as per them
Not even a notification that it's been cancelled?

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019
Mine was scheduled for today April 21, 2023. I took a day off work for this since I never got a cancellation email and so I assumed that the oath taking ceremony would continue as planned. But now that I have tried logging into Zoom, nothing is happening. I might possibly get fired for asking for another day off for this. I can't reschedule since I have emergency medical travel planned in the next few months. Please help!

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Mine was scheduled for today April 21, 2023. I took a day off work for this since I never got a cancellation email and so I assumed that the oath taking ceremony would continue as planned. But now that I have tried logging into Zoom, nothing is happening. I might possibly get fired for asking for another day off for this. I can't reschedule since I have emergency medical travel planned in the next few months. Please help!
That's rely bad with your work , i work for the Gov't , Canada post truck Driver in our union bargain we have 7 personal days . i took one yesterday for my virtual oath and i din't even cancel it i said "dfuk ill take another day whenever i get my oath reschedule if it's virtual or in person " trust me its pain because i work on the evening shift downtown Toronto and Mississauga and every week day i load tons or IRCC brown envelopes "DO NOT BEND" and i know its Citizenship certificates Mailing all over the country it puts a smile to my face knowing I'm part of the reason some of you guys get the certificates in your hands on a timely manner. Knowing one day My certificate will be in the IDC carts or mono's.

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
That's rely bad with your work , i work for the Gov't , Canada post truck Driver in our union bargain we have 7 personal days . i took one yesterday for my virtual oath and i din't even cancel it i said "dfuk ill take another day whenever i get my oath reschedule if it's virtual or in person " trust me its pain because i work on the evening shift downtown Toronto and Mississauga and every week day i load tons or IRCC brown envelopes "DO NOT BEND" and i know its Citizenship certificates Mailing all over the country it puts a smile to my face knowing I'm part of the reason some of you guys get the certificates in your hands on a timely manner. Knowing one day My certificate will be in the IDC carts or mono's.
Good job buddy!!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
The question is, do you bend them or not? :D

Alsalma

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hey guys ! Anyone scheduled (on the tracker) for the 5th of May in Montreal ? did you receive and email if so ? I just wanna know if it would be online on in person or cancelled all in all.... I am abroad and anxious !! Let's keep each other updated please post here if your oath is cancelled, I will try to reach out to IRCC by phone today and update you asap, good luck everyone from the bottom of my heart !!

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hey guys ! Anyone scheduled (on the tracker) for the 5th of May in Montreal ? did you receive and email if so ? I just wanna know if it would be online on in person or cancelled all in all.... I am abroad and anxious !! Let's keep each other updated please post here if your oath is cancelled, I will try to reach out to IRCC by phone today and update you asap, good luck everyone from the bottom of my heart !!
They have canceled all ceremonies since the strike started. Sure, you can call IRCC but they won't be able to provide you with any information regarding your ceremony on May 5th as they don't have a crystal globe to tell you when the strike ends.
As everyone else here, the only thing to do is to wait and see when the strike ends. If they don't call it off by May 4th, you can assume your ceremony will be canceled.