+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC cancelled all upfront panel exam due to coronavirus

monicallll

Jun 13, 2019
I just received ITA for express entry, but clinics won't do medical exam unless you have IME number.
How do I get IME number?
Should I just submit my application without medical exam and explain why.
Or should I wait a bit longer

Reactions: bull34

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received ITA for express entry, but clinics won't do medical exam unless you have IME number.
How do I get IME number?
Should I just submit my application without medical exam and explain why.
Or should I wait a bit longer
Submit your application and wait for medical request, just like the good old days.

chaiScad

Jun 3, 2019
I am on the same page, booked an appointment but the clinic said they are not able to do Xray due to all Xray labs are closed. Should we just wait until they re open? Cannot submit the application without it.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But the medical exam document is a mandatiry field, how do we submit application without medical?
IRCC is aware of the current situation, even they canceled the upfront medicals, while sending out ITAs. Like the OP stated, LOE?

Singhhardy

Mar 23, 2020
I got an ita too but i think , i am going to wait a little bit for their further notifications if not later then i will submit it without medicals and wait for request

danda

Mar 5, 2018
Okay well somebody please explain, CIC eliminated the medical requirement for now?? Because before this closure happened I did my medical exam paid my fees and did all the exams and then the clinic closed the next day but I have my e-medical document.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The panel doctor submits the medical and they will indicate that the chest x-rays have not been done. A similar thing happens for pregnant women. When the x-ray clinic opens you will continue with the TB testing.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay well somebody please explain, CIC eliminated the medical requirement for now?? Because before this closure happened I did my medical exam paid my fees and did all the exams and then the clinic closed the next day but I have my e-medical document.
No, they haven't elimanated the medical. They are simply allowing people to apply without having done it because of the COVID-19 closures. No one will be approved for PR without first passing a medical.

larahanouni

Apr 7, 2020
I got my medicals done on the 13 of March, but I am not sure when the lab closures occurred, so I have no idea if my results were sent to IRCC or not. Any idea regarding the date that the labs closed?

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hi everybody,
I am in the same situation, I got the ITA on the 9th of April, and I was trying to get an upfront medical examination before that to be ready, but it did not work. Right now, my application and my son are missing the medical examinations, however, on the website, it is mentioned that if we have any questions or explanations for the missing documents we should upload a letter in the required document slot, and they will come back to us.

My question and worry is not this, even if they allow submitting the application without Medical Examination (for now) will I get the AOR to be able to extend my work permit which is about to expire?

Online it says that Bridging Open Work Permit can be done after submitting a complete PR application and receiving the AOR which is required to apply.

Is there anyone who has already submitted his/her eAPR without medical examination? Please, help and inform us if we will receive AOR without submitting a complete application.

Stay safe, stay corona free!!

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
This is what is says online

Who can apply for a BOWP

To be eligible, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgment of receipt letter
    • we send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application

CG7

Star Member
Nov 20, 2019
I got my medicals done on the 13 of March, but I am not sure when the lab closures occurred, so I have no idea if my results were sent to IRCC or not. Any idea regarding the date that the labs closed?
You should get an email from the clinic stating that your medicals have been submitted to IRCC