+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC asking for medical again

amalan_m

Oct 14, 2021
I submitted my documents for non-EE(OINP) in December 2022. I applied for my PGWP in August 2021. I submitted the same medical for the PR application since there is an exemption if we have completed medical in the past 5 years. This morning, I received a message asking me to submit a medical. Has anybody come across the same scenario? How should I approach this?

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
I submitted my documents for non-EE(OINP) in December 2022. I applied for my PGWP in August 2021. I submitted the same medical for the PR application since there is an exemption if we have completed medical in the past 5 years. This morning, I received a message asking me to submit a medical. Has anybody come across the same scenario? How should I approach this?
PR Medicals are valid only for one year. If your test result is past 12 months, you are subject to be asked for a new medical.

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Did you meet all the conditions?
You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:
  • You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.