canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
bickyii said:
To me it doesn't sound promising. I guess there will be no past 3 years LICO requirement anymore !!
80K people will apply Interest, they will send 10K invites and only 6K from them will be eligible according to all the new requirements. What will happen to 4K Gap?
This sound total BS to me... :mad: :-[
There is pretty much no chance that they would eliminate the 3 year LICO requirement. IRCC still needs to ensure that sponsors can support their parents for 20 years.

feisha

Dec 13, 2016
bickyii said:
To me it doesn't sound promising. I guess there will be no past 3 years LICO requirement anymore !!
80K people will apply Interest, they will send 10K invites and only 6K from them will be eligible according to all the new requirements. What will happen to 4K Gap?
I hope they are not doing this! If this is the case, no vote for the liberals forever!

jeffporfirio

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
bickyii said:
There is no chance they are doing this. The government will not risk having to financially support tens of thousands of immigrant PGPs.

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
bickyii said:
Don't worry, I think they must have a way to figure that out, or they can pull randomly some new 4K sponsors from the pool.
But I think, this Lottery system can generate long term starvation for some deserving candidates. People have to wait for like years and years (if they are not lucky)

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Sign in the Petition !!

https://www.change.org/p/john-mccallum-repeal-the-dec-2016-changes-to-sponsorship-of-parents-and-grandparents-program-return-to-first-come-first-serve-instead-of-lottery-system?recruiter=652736600&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive