AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
You brush it off but this is important. They attempted to optimize and speed up the process. They recognized it did not work, and the original way was better. As such they're reverting. I think it's great.
Of course it is important.. but please, it is not groundbreaking. From the beginning one could see that it would complicate things to send these items are varying points in the process without guidelines as to when they will ask for them (given that they expire and can take long to obtain). Sorry, but this is a pattern.. they make some "significant" changes just to show that they are doing something. Many VOs still have same processing time, just had uncertainty as to when they would have to submit docs and go for medical.

Something groundbreaking would be to allocate more funding towards hiring more staff to process files , improving the case managing system used, and more training.

Reactions: scylla

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I notice that http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp still says to hold on to Schedule A. Hopefully somebody will fix that. It also says that IMM5406 was re-issued today - can anybody see how it has changed ? The fields are still too small for many addresses, place of birth, etc.
They only made the announcement today, so I am sure they will update it soon. For the IMM5406, I see where you're saying it says Feb 2018 on the webpage, but when you click it, the bottom of the form says 2013. o_O

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
I can't check right now but...when they updated the forms in October it was still linking to the "old version" from the PR/sponsorship applications page but when you went to the main forms library on the website (where you can find whatever form you need for anything) the correct "new version" was there. It was linked to the pr application page the next day I think.

Worth trying for anyone wanting it immediately.

Knittingdemon

Dec 27, 2017
Wow, this is interesting. I'm assuming this means all police certificates must now be hardcopies, rather than 'soft' ones? We were going to submit next week, but now I think I'll try this new route...seems like less of a chance of things getting lost, messages mixed, etc.

Arctic Circle

Dec 16, 2017
I managed to take a look at the updated forms. The Additional Family form seems pretty similar, the Checklist is a bit different. There's more detailed explanations of things and terms, and room for you to put N/A if something doesn't apply to you. There's also a new field about filling out a financial evaluation form if your spouse has dependents who themselves have dependents (wording is a bit confusing).

Otherwise, besides submitting Police Certificates and Sched. A upfront, nothing substantial seems different. Same documents asked for, proof of relationship, max 20 photos, etc.

Reactions: WeegieInOttawa

Knittingdemon

Dec 27, 2017
I managed to take a look at the updated forms. The Additional Family form seems pretty similar, the Checklist is a bit different. There's more detailed explanations of things and terms, and room for you to put N/A if something doesn't apply to you. There's also a new field about filling out a financial evaluation form if your spouse has dependents who themselves have dependents (wording is a bit confusing).

Otherwise, besides submitting Police Certificates and Sched. A upfront, nothing substantial seems different. Same documents asked for, proof of relationship, max 20 photos, etc.
Yes, looks reasonably similar, with some new options to establish the relationship, such as "proof of previous cohabitation." That's the only one that jumped out at me...

Arctic Circle

Dec 16, 2017
Yes, looks reasonably similar, with some new options to establish the relationship, such as "proof of previous cohabitation." That's the only one that jumped out at me...
Yeah, same for me. I guess for couples who may have lived together, then one moved to Canada ahead of time? That actually is pretty handy, I know if I moved to Canada ahead to get established/had a job offer, I'd like my previous cohabitation to count for something.

Knittingdemon

Dec 27, 2017
Yeah, same for me. I guess for couples who may have lived together, then one moved to Canada ahead of time? That actually is pretty handy, I know if I moved to Canada ahead to get established/had a job offer, I'd like my previous cohabitation to count for something.
Yes, agreed. It would have been good for us, actually, we lived together in my home country between 2008 and 2010, and then I went to do my PhD in the US and he went to Canada. But unfortunately, since I live with him as a visitor now (am on fellowship at my uni in the US, so no need for me to be there), we can't submit this proof and have to rely on a joint lease and renter's insurance in Canada.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
I can see why they changed the process before...it was taking so long to process applications that the PCC's were expiring....and so even if people submitted them up front, they would be requested again....now with the process timelines shrinking, it makes more sense to have everything submitted up front. Of course there will always be exceptions to the efficacy of it...

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM
What will this change mean for FBI reports from channelers ? With the electronic submission, we could upload a PDF, but with the return to paper, and the requirement for "original" documents, should we assume that reports from Fieldprint (and other channelers) are no longer acceptable ?

But even the FBI no longer provides "secure" originals with the new 48-hour 'edo' process, so what should we do ?

To top if off, it seems that all our local police departments refuse to do fingerprint cards, except for "criminal" matters, so I'm struggling to figure out how to obtain anything other than a PDF report.

Can anybody report that a self-printed PDF report from a channeler was accepted for a spousal sponsorship ?