+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRB Case hearing postponed

fred2ndongo

Oct 24, 2017
Hello everyone, my IRB hearing date was scheduled for Nov 2, 2017 in Montreal, Quebec. But I received a mail that it has been postponed due to "administrative reasons" and I will be communicated a new date. As vague as it sounds, I'm not sure what they mean by administrative reasons... does it have to do with my eligibility for asylum or security? I'm in the limbo, and don't know when I would be called up. Does anyone have an idea what they mean? And is it possible to apply for expedited hearing because my family is currently in danger. These are questions I would ask my lawyer, but he is so busy and doesn't seem to have time to respond questions. I am very stressed up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
It's due to lack of judges.call to IRB & talk with ur caseworker for details.they are very friendly & helpful.i called them almost 100 times to know the updates after my hearing was prosponded

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your advice.but may be I had to wait more 2/3 years if I didn't call them! I got my new date.
You arrived January 2017 before the big rush and waited 10 months. That sounds like you waited the average time and luckily your background check was completed in a reasonable amount of time which has nothing to do with your case worker. I don't think calling 2-3 times a week helped and it could even slow down an application. A case worker is more likely to try to help someone that has been respectful of their job and their time. You can't complain about slow processing times and then encourage more people to waste their case worker's time. I would encourage people to call maximum once a month or if you have a question.

fred2ndongo

Oct 24, 2017
You arrived January 2017 before the big rush and waited 10 months. That sounds like you waited the average time and luckily your background check was completed in a reasonable amount of time which has nothing to do with your case worker. I don't think calling 2-3 times a week helped and it could even slow down an application. A case worker is more likely to try to help someone that has been respectful of their job and their time. You can't complain about slow processing times and then encourage more people to waste their case worker's time. I would encourage people to call maximum once a month or if you have a question.
Great point @canuck78. So from what I get, is it the case worker who decides on when your case could be heard? Because I called IRB montreal today, and they told me that the case workers change from week to week. But she sounded really nice, and encouraged me to write for an application for priority hearing if I believe I have a compelling reasons.

Halo14

Aug 19, 2017
Pl
Great point @canuck78. So from what I get, is it the case worker who decides on when your case could be heard? Because I called IRB montreal today, and they told me that the case workers change from week to week. But she sounded really nice, and encouraged me to write for an application for priority hearing if I believe I have a compelling reasons.
please can we know what the reasons they consider that cases as priority .
Thx

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Dear seniors,

I arrived in Montreal this month and got my hearing date of next year june but as per rule (as per my understanding)1st hearing to be done in 60 days.

Can any one tell me exactly why they gave me this date some one told me it's a fake date and I will receive my actual date later. Any one had similar situation?

And what should I expect will I get hearing date earlier or the date mentioned on hearing document is OK.

Please guide, Thanks

fred2ndongo

Oct 24, 2017
Dear seniors,

I arrived in Montreal this month and got my hearing date of next year june but as per rule (as per my understanding)1st hearing to be done in 60 days.

Can any one tell me exactly why they gave me this date some one told me it's a fake date and I will receive my actual date later. Any one had similar situation?

And what should I expect will I get hearing date earlier or the date mentioned on hearing document is OK.

Please guide, Thanks
I read it should be within 60 days max.. but someone told me that rules might have changed for those who enter Canada through the border from the US. I don't know your exact situation, but I'm sure your lawyer could help you further

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Yes you are right I came from USA.

Can you or any other senior please give me some idea as per current senrio.

Date will be the same as mentioned or can be earlier.

Thx for response.