+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Iraq PCC exemption

shanu88

Jan 28, 2019
My husband was working for a American contract based company in US army base in Iraq. He has applied for Iraq pcc but after regular follow up there is no response. Not even an acknowledgement. He has received a certificate of appreciation from the company he worked for in the US army base base . Can he attach that with the LoE. Reply plz

Apr 26, 2018
Visa officers are well versed with global scenarios and understand that it is sometimes difficult to get certain documents, especially from war affected countries.
Please go ahead with LOE.

BUT Only if you have proof of follow ups (in written) plus certificate of appreciation, along with any other document(s) related to work in Iraq.

shanu88

Jan 28, 2019
I had only taken follow ups on phone. I have emailed them now. So that I can keep the written proof. Thanks. Hope they reply through email.

canadakz

Jul 28, 2018
I had only taken follow ups on phone. I have emailed them now. So that I can keep the written proof. Thanks. Hope they reply through email.
Hi Iam having the same issue with Iraq PCC.
Have you submitted your application?

shanu88

Jan 28, 2019
Hi Iam having the same issue with Iraq PCC.
Have you submitted your application?
Hii

Yes had submitted. But got the request letter for Iraq pcc. So we emailed the embassy again for the status of the pcc. They don’t reply easily. Now they have replied saying we did not get any update from Baghdad ministry. We will just be keeping all these emails for the proof.

canadakz

Jul 28, 2018
Hii

Yes had submitted. But got the request letter for Iraq pcc. So we emailed the embassy again for the status of the pcc. They don’t reply easily. Now they have replied saying we did not get any update from Baghdad ministry. We will just be keeping all these emails for the proof.
Thanks for your reply. Pls keep us posted here. I am also chasing Embassy/Consulate to get PCC or any clarification. Do you think there is chance to get pcc exemption?

shanu88

Jan 28, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Pls keep us posted here. I am also chasing Embassy/Consulate to get PCC or any clarification. Do you think there is chance to get pcc exemption?
Hii,

I don’t think there is any other option other than a reply from the Iraq embassy. Only if they get convinced that it is difficult to get one, we might get an exemption. We r just continuously contacting them through email for a revert mail. Which Iraq consulate did u contact?

Reactions: canadakz

canadakz

Jul 28, 2018
Hii,

I don’t think there is any other option other than a reply from the Iraq embassy. Only if they get convinced that it is difficult to get one, we might get an exemption. We r just continuously contacting them through email for a revert mail. Which Iraq consulate did u contact?
Well, I have contacted already Iraqi Embassy in Kazakhstan earlier, where the Consul mentioned that I should find myself someone-local in Iraq who could get PCC on my behalf in Iraq. Well I did, and my previous employer rep. came back with response that only iraqi locals seem to able to get PCC. I followed up today with Embassy, lets see what they can do now.

I am also planning get in touch with Kazakhstan Embassy in Iraq and see if they can do something to help.

canadakz

Jul 28, 2018
Hii,

Hello again, which embassy are you dealing with?
I had a meeting with the Iraqi Consul today, she proposed that she writes a formal written letter with her signature that "Embassy does not have any issue" .
I am hoping to convince her also to write down that I do not have criminal records according to "Embassy records".
I also have an email from my ex-employer who says PCC in Iraq is issued only for local citizens.
Hope these two letters/emails will suffice.

shanu88

Jan 28, 2019
Hello again, which embassy are you dealing with?
I had a meeting with the Iraqi Consul today, she proposed that she writes a formal written letter with her signature that "Embassy does not have any issue" .
I am hoping to convince her also to write down that I do not have criminal records according to "Embassy records".
I also have an email from my ex-employer who says PCC in Iraq is issued only for local citizens.
Hope these two letters/emails will suffice.
Hey

Did u manage to get a letter from them.. we didn’t get the pcc yet. We have a deadline for submission next week. Could you plz advise

shanu88

Jan 28, 2019
Hey

Did u manage to get a letter from them.. we didn’t get the pcc yet. We have a deadline for submission next week. Could you plz advise
We have taken continuous follow up from the embassy in India. But they do not have any update yet

canadakz

Jul 28, 2018
Hey

Hello, yes I did, PPR followed after couple of weeks after I submitted ADR/Letter. Also, I provided detailed LOE including all steps I have taken to get this letter. Also, I was advised by consultant to get a different letter stating Embassy Cannot issue PCC as proof but I did not do that. Good Luck!