+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Iranian couple immigration questions

Anoushe

Nov 14, 2021
Hi there,

I was hoping to ask you good people for some immigration advice for my extended family. They are Iranians looking to move to either Ontario or British Columbia.

My brother (35) has an undergrad in civil engineering with 10 years of work experience in structural design.

His wife (33) has a bachelors in hotel management with a masters in governmental management. She has 7 years experience working, with 6 years being an import/export coordinator in a shipping company.

Can they successfully apply under the skilled worker program in Ontario/BC?

We can all pull together $450K for their move, would this be enough to get a startup visa for either province?

Please do let me know if they can apply under another program.

Appreciate your help,

A

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there,

I was hoping to ask you good people for some immigration advice for my extended family. They are Iranians looking to move to either Ontario or British Columbia.

My brother (35) has an undergrad in civil engineering with 10 years of work experience in structural design.

His wife (33) has a bachelors in hotel management with a masters in governmental management. She has 7 years experience working, with 6 years being an import/export coordinator in a shipping company.

Can they successfully apply under the skilled worker program in Ontario/BC?

We can all pull together $450K for their move, would this be enough to get a startup visa for either province?

Please do let me know if they can apply under another program.

Appreciate your help,

A
So you are looking at PNP entrepreneur programs in either BC or Ontario. They need to show that they have business ownership experience in stage one. Funds must be their own.

https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-entrepreneur-stream

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/documents/BC-PNP-Entrepreneur-Immigration-Program-Guide.aspx

As for skilled worker, they would not be eligible for Ontario or BC without a job offer.

Reactions: ParuMani

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
So you are looking at PNP entrepreneur programs in either BC or Ontario. They need to show that they have business ownership experience in stage one. Funds must be their own.

https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-entrepreneur-stream

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/documents/BC-PNP-Entrepreneur-Immigration-Program-Guide.aspx

As for skilled worker, they would not be eligible for Ontario or BC without a job offer.
They should own and operate the business in their home country to qualify.. Funds should be self earned and savings and not temp borrowing

Anoushe

Nov 14, 2021
Really really appreciate the response!

Is there another pathway under which they might be eligible?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Are they eligible (67+ points) for Express Entry? That is the first step and if so, what is their CRS score (ECAs and IELTS). Your sister-in-law should be the main applicant because she has a masters. What is her NOC?

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
For self employed program you don't need crs or Fsw2014 67 Points.. You should have enough money to support yourself and your family and continue to do the same business in Canada..

Check self employed program Web search results.. You will get lot of information

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
For self employed program you don't need crs or Fsw2014 67 Points.. You should have enough money to support yourself and your family and continue to do the same business in Canada..

Check self employed program Web search results.. You will get lot of information
Based on their profiles, the would not be eligible. The self employed program is for people in the arts/culture and sports.

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020

No immediate path.. They have to plan using alternative method.. Invest in a cultural business which is eligible for self employed program, preparing proper record and documentation as required by ircc.. After 3 years apply and wait.. It will take a total 5 to 6 years

Anoushe

Nov 14, 2021
Are they eligible (67+ points) for Express Entry? That is the first step and if so, what is their CRS score (ECAs and IELTS). Your sister-in-law should be the main applicant because she has a masters. What is her NOC?
Thanks so much for all the help!

I don't think that they have done their IELTS yet, but the sister-in-law is conversational, so it will be a less an issue on her end, than for her husband. It seems unlikely they are eligible for express entry. It took us a fair while to figure out her NOC, the closest one is NOC1215.

Much gratitude,

A

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
Thanks so much for all the help!

I don't think that they have done their IELTS yet, but the sister-in-law is conversational, so it will be a less an issue on her end, than for her husband. It seems unlikely they are eligible for express entry. It took us a fair while to figure out her NOC, the closest one is NOC1215.

Much gratitude,

A
They are relatively young. The wife has a masters. She should be the principal applicant. Express entry Pnp will be their best bet. Too much delay in processing self employed and other biz route. They should look into Ontario, nova scotia, Alberta and saskatchewan pnp. If they have an immediate family member in canada the better for them.