+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS or WES for BSc + MSc

varunlibra3

Jul 31, 2018
Hi

I have done B.Sc. (H) Computer Science (3 years) and M.Sc. Computer Science (2 years) from Delhi University. I have used the WES Degree Equivalency Tool to check equivalency in Canada. It states as follows:

Credential 1
Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Bachelor of Computer Science
Name of Institution: University of Delhi
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

Credential 2
Name of Degree: Master of Computer Science
Equivalency in Canada: 1 year of graduate study

If I get the evaluation done from WES, they will mention Bachelor's degree (4 years) as highest degree. I guess that I can't fetch points for my Masters.
However, if I get the evaluation done from IQAS, will they evaluate my M.Sc. as equivalent to Masters in Canada? What if I get ECA evaluated from both, WES and IQAS. Which will be considered by CIC?
Please help me in this regard.

Minigolf123

Aug 13, 2018
Hi

I have done B.Sc. (H) Computer Science (3 years) and M.Sc. Computer Science (2 years) from Delhi University. I have used the WES Degree Equivalency Tool to check equivalency in Canada. It states as follows:

Credential 1
Name of Degree: Bachelor of Computer Science
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

Credential 2
Name of Degree: Master of Computer Science
Equivalency in Canada: 1 year of graduate study

If I get the evaluation done from WES, they will mention Bachelor's degree (4 years) as highest degree. I guess that I can't fetch points for my Masters.
However, if I get the evaluation done from IQAS, will they evaluate my M.Sc. as equivalent to Masters in Canada? What if I get ECA evaluated from both, WES and IQAS. Which will be considered by CIC?
Please help me in this regard.
Any answers to this question please. Would be really helpful.

gautham82

Feb 27, 2019
I got Bachelors (4 years) + One year postgraduate diploma in my WES report.

No wonder the WES equivalency tool gives different result. Can't trust it always :)
Please let me know what option did you chose in CRS calculator Two or More certificates?

How many points you got on CRS for BSC + MSC?

varunlibra3

Jul 31, 2018
Please let me know what option did you chose in CRS calculator Two or More certificates?

How many points you got on CRS for BSC + MSC?
Yes, I chose Two or More certificates in CRS Calculator. Final WES evaluation said 'Postgraduate diploma', chose the same in EE profile. My score was 467 points for which I got ITA.

Aswinipula

Jul 4, 2018
Hello, we are a bit confused to know this.please reply us .. we have done MBA and MSC from India .so do we need to choose bachelor degree or two or more certificates in CRS calculator?